3D .mts files

McenterFreak

Hello

I have tried to search the forum, but cant find answers.

I have just installed a new TV (http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-65UF950V). It is connected to my Denon Reciewer which is connected to my DVBViewer PC with HDMI.

How do i Watch 3D recordings, made with my Sony 3D camera?

Do i need a 3D capaple Graphis Card?

Do i need to install any plugins?

• Like 2

How is the 3D information stored in the video?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB_3D-TV#Technical_features

I think this will only work if the video e.g. site by site is past through the TV.

And the TV handles the rest. By transforming the site by site/top and bottom into 3D.

The DVBViewer has no real 3D support.

The only thing you could change here is use a shader to transform e.g. site by site to line interlace

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/40858-3d-anaglyph-shader/

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/49761-3d-sbs-to-interlace/

My TV uses L/R images and has a 3d button in order to mix it. My Cinemizer glasses use U/D images - thats why i created a shader to put the left right image on top resp. bottom. There is also a script which converts the left/right source to Sisvel 3D. Depending on your tv you might try one of these shaders. I also made one for Oculus Rift devices, but never tested it.

If the 3D channel use e.g. site by site, it should work. .

It's not a channel, but .mts files from my Sony 3D camcorder.

When í PLAY it from the camcorder, its not shown side by side, but like the colors are staggered

I don't think that it is possible to change Anaglyph 3D to something which can be used by you TV for its 3D technique.

(But you could get matching colored glass and use them for watching :innocent:) or look in the Sony 3D camcorder user guide if it is possible to change there the used 3D format.

Your best solution might be to see if there is a Plex app for your TV. I believe it can play back .mts files, I don't know about 3D but I use Plex with Side-By-Side .mkv 3D files and it plays them perfectly on my TV so it should be OK. You need to install the server side on your PC and the app on your TV, phone, tablet, etc. but it's a great way of playing media from your PC and it means you don't need to touch the PC other than turning it on (which you can do with a WOL app on your phone), you control everything from your TV remote control and it means you don't even need the PC to be in the same room, so no noise.

Edited by SimonP

Your best solution might be to see if there is a Plex app for your TV. I believe it can play back .mts files, I don't know about 3D but I use Plex with Side-By-Side .mkv 3D files and it plays them perfectly on my TV so it should be OK. You need to install the server side on your PC and the app on your TV, phone, tablet, etc. but it's a great way of playing media from your PC and it means you don't need to touch the PC other than turning it on (which you can do with a WOL app on your phone), you control everything from your TV remote control and it means you don't even need the PC to be in the same room, so no noise.

Sounds interesting. I will try this tommorrow, Thanks

• Like 1

And I don't see changed colours.

Yous can only see the staggered colors when you see it on a 3D Television with 3D enabled, but without 3D glasses. Its like going to the Cinema to see a 3D movie without glasses