MadsBakholt

Hi there,

I'm somewhat confused about my setup of:

- Quad Tuner card(TBS6985, only 2 tuners in use)

- Two Twin Output LNB's connected directly to the tuner card(1 from each LNB)

- DVBViewer Recording Server on my server

- 2 clients on my two laptops using RS on the server

My questions are:

1) I need to scan channels on Tuner A in Channel Group A and Tuner B in Channel group B in order to make DVBViewer aware of "this channel on Tuner A and other channel on Tuner B"?

2) What are the relationship between Plugins1, Plugins2, PluginsX in the Plugins folder - is Plugin1 used on Tuner 1 and Plugins2 used on Tuner2, etc.?

3) Do I need to setup two Unicast devices on my clients(Channel Group A and Channel Group B - as channels are ordered in RS on the server)?

My confusion is this: I can see that no matter how many Tuner's I use(only 2 at the moment), only plugins in Plugins2 is activated(used), no matter how many Clients I connect to RS on the server, only plugins in Plugins2 are activated/used - so what's the relationship between the Plugins folders and tuners/clients/other?

Edited by MadsBakholt

You shout only use Channel Group if it is really necessary e.g. if card 1 only receive one sat position an card 2 a different sat position.

You should avoid duplicate channels in the channel list where only the Channel Group is different. e.g recordings don't care and will always use the first matching channel in the channel list.

2) The main Plugins folder is used by the DVBViewer for main playback. Plugins1 is than used for the first background action PiP or the first recording. And Plugins2 for the second recording.

And the same apply for for the Recording Service, Plugins1 is used for the first streaming client or recording, Plugins2 for the second and so on.

There is no connection with the hardware. If you have two streaming clients and a recording using the first card. And then a third client starts using the second card. The Plugins1 to Plugins3 are used in connection with the first card and Plugins4 will be used with the second card.

Just did a test, it can start by any number e.g. the first gets Plugins3 then Plugins4 an if there are no more folders it wraps around to Plugins1. And only one Plugins folder is used per card.

3) Let the Recording Service Setup Wizard create the devices ;)

If you only have create one device in the DVBViewer you could set it up for all groups.

Edited by Tjod

Alright... my setup is exactly consisting of two different satellite positions, each on its own tuner! :)

Avoid duplicates of channels differing ONLY groups... but isn't this a little awkward? I mean, I've just scanned 0.8W(DVB-S) in channel group A and 4.8E(DVB-S) in channel group B - why should I care if there are duplicates of e.g. "DR1? The one could be SD and the other HD - but has the same name!

Regarding "matching first channel found": Is the channel list the main list(always scanned upon channel change) or is it just a visual representation? I mean, could I just add to favorites(where I would normally avoid duplicates) and that way avoid the "don't have duplicates" problem?

But how about plugins and their activation on one tuner vs another tuner? I have a setup where I would like one plugin to be activated only on 0.8W and another on 4.8E - how do the plugins get activated on the right stream from the right tuner?

Edited by MadsBakholt

Channels on different sat Positions should be treated as different channels.

Timers and favourites are using a ID to connect to the right channel in the channel list.
(Service ID + AudioPID x 2^16 + (Tunertyp+1) x 2^29 + TransportstreamID x 2^32 + (OrbitalPosition x 10) x 2^48 + TV/Radio-Flag x 2^61 )
And the OrbitalPosition should be different on different sat positions.

But how about plugins and their activation on one tuner vs another tuner? I have a setup where I would like one plugin to be activated only on 0.8W and another on 4.8E - how do the plugins get activated on the right stream from the right tuner?

This is not possible with the current system as far as I know.