DVBViewer & Plex

Peter Cashen

This is something I have wondered about too. As far as I know you'd have to write a plug-in for Plex so that it appears as a channel as Plex doesn't have any facility for live TV and it would have to be fairly complex to allow you to control DVBv from within Plex. There is a DVBlink client which seems to do something similar but nothing for DVBViewer to the best of my knowledge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvblinkplexclient/

However, if you have a Smart TV and an Android 'phone/tablet it is possible to view DVBViewer on your TV: I use the DVBViewer Controller app and if I send the output to the Localcast app it will show it on the TV, although sadly without subtitles, which makes it unusable for me. Alternatively DVBv/RS is a DLNA server so a DLNA client on your TV will display the current channel but you won't have any control over it. Maybe there's a DLNA client for Plex that would do the same thing?

(I'm talking about TV since streaming the output on a network to other devices is easily done and this is relevant to your question as I use the Plex app on my Smart TV and would like to be able to integrate DVBv into it, although it's of limited use if you can't change channel or schedule recordings, which is where using the two Android apps wins.)

Edited by SimonP