Inconsistent scan device result in Windows 10

tamcy

I have two dual-tuner TV cards installed in my PC. This means that normally I should see 4 devices in the device listbox.

This works flawlessly in Windows 7 and 8.1, both for DVBViewer and recording service.

My use case: Device #1, #2 and #3 assigned to the Recording Service, and let DVBViewer use the "Unicast Network Device" (connect to RS) and the #4th device when necessary.

But things got strange after upgraded to Windows 10.

As said, I should see 4 devices on the device list. However, in Windows 10, every time I press the "Scan Devices" button, the result is not the same. I observed cases when there is zero, 1, 3, or 4 devices found.

I can keep on pressing "scan devices" button until all 4 devices are found, and leave it as is. But this won't work, because when 4 devices are found, changing channel will have no effect, making the app unusable. Switching channels seems to work only when inadequate devices (1-3) are found.

This make me wonder: What if I disable other devices when 4 devices are found, leaving only one usable by DVBViewer? I tried, and switching channel works! Enabling the second and third device, DVBViewer still works. Then I enable all 4 devices, and switching channel failed. At this time, disabling other 3 devices again won't help anymore - I need to start over and do the "scan devices" process again.

Of course, I can compromise and work with only 3 devices. But as I said, I use Recording Service most of the time, and the situation is actually worse in Recording Service - I can only see zero device found when I click "scan devices".

Although probably not helpful, I attach the screenshots of inconsistent devices found when pressing "scan devices" for your reference.

I tried reinstalling DVBViewer but no difference.

Thanks in advance!

post-58438-0-54554800-1443453666_thumb.gif

post-58438-0-30883900-1443453673_thumb.gif

post-58438-0-56429400-1443453680_thumb.gif

post-58438-0-26594400-1443453686_thumb.gif

Oh, I should attach support.zip. Here it is. And some more system info:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K (Currently not overclocked)

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger

Display: nVidia GeForce GTX 960, latest driver (355.98)

Thanks.