E-AC-3 Issue on IPTV Channels

Hirsch

Hi

I've got DVBViewer running since many years without any trouble with dvb-c or dvb-t even with E-AC3 audio

Since i used IPTV, most channels (including crypted ones) work but on few crypted channels i got only the video showing without sound.

For Example DVBsource shows :

Video State : Enabled / Connected, PID 259

Audio State : No Data / Connected, PID 359

I use DVBViewer pro v 5.5.2.0 with [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] v 0.6.2.0 , up to date LAV audio decoder (i tried AC3 filter but same result, it seems that it's not a codec issue), on Win7

Thank you for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Update :

with another dvbclient those EAC3 channels work :/

so it's not a driver issue but maybe related with DVBViewer

i'm quite fond of DVBViewer so i'd like to keep using it .. Does someone have an idea ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have the same issue. Since an update from the IPTV provider I think there is an issue or a messed up between 6 ch AC3 and EAC3 format.

DVBViewer seems to not be able to make difference between those codecs anymore. Or why is DVB showing: "Audio State : No Data / Connected" I don't get it.

As my friend says, Progdvb is able to handle those channels very well. AC3filter was tested and as he said it's not a mater of codec but a decoding mater.

A clue maybe, something is messed up during the export file from transedit to the .ini file for DVBViewer?

It's a very annoying situation for a member of DVBViewer. It's been several month now the problem is actualy here. Everything was tested to make this work on PC with a simple 2 ch out.

Need help!

cheers, thx in advance.

ps: sorry, english is not my native language.

Edited by Cris7

Because most likely the audio stream is not decrypted if the DVBViewer Filter reports "no data". There was a similar issue with TBS DVB devices lately because the driver did not recognize the E-AC3 stream type as audio that must be decrypted by the CI/CAM.

Please note that DVBViewer does not support IPTV decryption (so it can't do anything wrong in this respect) and that discussions about software decrypting are not allowed in this forum (see §13 of the forum rules):

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.
Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combi­nation with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM) and/or the corresponding "common inter­face" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies re­gardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

So you need to contact the plugin author or to find some other forum where you can ask for help. Or simply use ProgDVB.

Sorry, no better news. Topic closed.