a missing MUX (Warsaw, Poland)

bjanuszs46

According to the pages

http://www.emitel.pl/2/television/dvb-t-terrestrial-digital-tv/

http://www.emitel.pl/telewizja/naziemna-telewizja-cyfrowa-dvb-t/aktualne-parametry-emisji-dvb-t/

I'm in the reach of two transmitters (PKiN and Raszyn, ERP respectively 3 and 100 KW) with three multiplexers with the following parameters

MUX-1

Frequency 770 MHz, Channel 58,

MUX-2

Frequency 690 MHz, Channel 48,

MUX-2

Frequency 522 MHz, Channel 27,

I receive without problems MUX-2 and MUX-3, but neither DVBViewer nor Transedit is able to tune to MUX-1.

What can be the reason?

Best regards

Janusz

• Like 1

At first I would like to correct a typo: it is MUX-3 which uses frequency 522 MHz.

On the other hand the situation changed and now I'm unable to receive MUX-2 :-(

Now I have a specific question:

When TransEdit shows 0% quality, should I believe there is no signal or should I purchase a cheap DVB-T signal meter?

Best regards

Janusz

The same problem from a different point of view: can I use TransEdit instead of a cheap signal meter to find the optimal position of my indoor antenna?

Regards

Janusz

The information displayed in the TransEdit is the value provided by the BDA driver of the TV card.

The accuracy of the value depend on the TV card driver. But mostly it is not very good.

Some drivers provide additional informations. But you can use them only with special tools with extra support exactly for your TV card model.

And for finding the optimal antenna position the the signal strength is mostly a better solution compared to the signal quality.

And if you use a TV card to find the best position for the antenna. You need to know that there is a delay between a change of the position and a change in the display value from 1-5 Sek.

So you have to wait after each change.

Or in other words, you can try to use TransEdit or the DVBViewer but it is mostly not the best solution.

Thanks for the explanation. I've ordered a meter and will come back to the problem after finding the optimal position of my antenna.

Best regards

Janusz

• 3 weeks later...

With a better antenna in a different posiiton I have an acceptable reception of all the three MUXes. Still don't understand the logic behind my earlier problem, but this doesn't matter now.