Windows 7 update has messed up my viewing

Cian

Hi All,

I have DVBViewer running on my HTPC computer for the last three years without a problem. On Wednesday night, I did a Windows update. I should have done it ages ago, but only recently figured out how to stop it doing a Windows 10 upgrade in case it screws things up. Therefore there were quite a few upgrades done at the same time.

Since then, I get the following render error message:

Cannot render Mediafile/Output Pin, error 0x8004025F. Cannot perform the requested function on an object that is not in the filter graph.

I get this error for HD, SD and radio channels.

I have reinstalled DVBViewer and the LAV filters. Before I start either uninstalling the upgrades (and cause further issues) or upgrade to W10 (and possibly cause further issues!), can some of you knowledgeable people out there take a look at my support.zip and see if there is something obvious that needs doing before I start taking more extreme actions?!

Thanks,

C.

support.zip

It looks like a couple of decoders registered on your system are missing the necessary files:

(From Systeminfo.txt:)

CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD9): 00200000 (File is missing)

CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD12): 00200000 (File is missing)

Since you have selected some of those in Settings → Options → DirectX that might explain the error message. Try if selecting LAV Filters instead of the PDVDs solves the problem. You will probably have to reinstall the Cyberlink Decoders if you want to use them.

Also:

MS Media Center Receiver Service: Running

MS Media Center Scheduler Service: Stopped

Media Center should be disabled, so it doesn't interfere with DVBViewer.

When I started it today, it was all fine again! I didn't do anything directly, but I did use Media Player and VLC to watch programs last night, so maybe they tweaked something in the system that corrected things.Weird!

Thanks Mr. Bun,

C.

Edited by Cian