Some Channels not streamable

Keyser

I have upgraded to 1.32 today (including FFMPEG), and things are definately better than before in terms of streaming (specifically to IOS).

But I have a strange problem. All channels can have their shows recorded and streamed later on using the Web interface.

However, some af the channels does not work when attempted to be streamed live. It cannot get the stream and "hangs".

Like I said, I can record from the specific channels, and later on stream that recording. But I cannot live stream the content.

I don't know if its a coincidence, but it seems to be mainly the highres channels (1080i). But it's not consistens, some works.

Any ideas?

Well, there seems to be some "randomness" involved.

If I start a streaming session that does not work, I can sometimes select another channel in the viewer, and then select the originally "not working" channel, and then it suddenly plays...

UPDATE: When I record the channels that does not stream, There's always created two recording files. The first one is only a few KB large, and contains no Video. The second file contains the recording and works fine. It seems perhaps RS has trouble starting the session with my tuner (HD Homerun).

Beats me.....

Edited by Keyser
  • 2 weeks later...

Activate in Options Recordings > Write log file.

And post such a log file, from such a spit recording with a support.zip.

Maybe this gives a hint what is going on.

Sorry about the late reply.

I'm unable to execute the support tool, I get a "OLE-Fehler 8004100E" error when trying.

Any Ideas what to do?

• Like 1

Yes!!

Problem solved. It turns out it was because the channels in question had updated channel info (PID/VID) compared to the channelguide I had saved in DVBViewer on my server.

My desktop client updated the info automatically (using the tuner from the recording service). So I never noticed the problem on my client.

After saving the channelguide on my client and importing it on my server's DVBViewer installation, the channels now record without a filesplit, and I can stream all of them to my IOS clients/Web clients.

It is christmas after all :-)