Terratec T5 rev2 tuner

jirim100

Good day, is Terratec T5 rev2 tuner handled absolutly correctly? Occassionally when start recording then in first minute are not data and data only are after the first restart of recording. For example today 15.12 when start recording with name "lkjkjkjkj". See log file.

support.zip

Run the RS Wizard in the DVBViewer. To give the RS control over the hardware.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide#Setting_up_DVBViewer

only one program should try to access DVB hardware directly.

But only Recording service accessing all hardware.

And you should enable "Auto split on channel data changes".

Why? How is related to this problem? And I don't want split recording when channel data changes.

But if the problem is simply a slow initialisation of the CAM I have no real idea.

But this is pure DVB-T tuner (it's dual tuner with diversity mode).

Edited by jirim100

But only Recording service accessing all hardware.

If you don't use the DVBViewer at all.

And I don't want split recording when channel data changes.

The Recording will only be spit in situation where the recording otherwise would stop.

But this is pure DVB-T tuner (it's dual tuner with diversity mode).

The lkjkjkjkj recording was on "DVB-C Tuner (6)" with CAM involved and not on DVB-T.

And if you are using diversity mode. You have to disable one tuner of the card in the RS. Diversity mode needs two tuner for one recording. But the RS has no information about this. And if the RS uses the secend tuner e.g. for the EPG update is will stop the diversity mode.

The lkjkjkjkj recording was on "DVB-C Tuner (6)" with CAM involved and not on DVB-T.

You have the problem with reading yours logs?

In svcdebug.log:

15.12.15 08:52:49.943 TRecording ($028EB150) W:\For The Record\lkjkjkjkj; nahráno 2015-12-15.ts Discontinuities: 0 - Total size: 0,00 KB - Device:TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 2 (8)

15.12.15 09:09:50.035 TRecording ($028EB150) W:\For The Record\lkjkjkjkj; nahráno 2015-12-15.ts Discontinuities: 0 - Total size: 516,42 MB - Device:TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 2 (8)

In svcrec.log:

15.12.15 08:52:49.943 W:\For The Record\lkjkjkjkj; nahráno 2015-12-15.ts Discontinuities: 0 - Total size: 0,00 KB - Device:TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 2 (8)

15.12.15 09:09:50.035 W:\For The Record\lkjkjkjkj; nahráno 2015-12-15.ts Discontinuities: 0 - Total size: 516,42 MB - Device:TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 2 (8)

This is NOT "DVB-C Tuner (6)" but "TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 2 (8)" !

And if you are using diversity mode. You have to disable one tuner of the card in the RS. Diversity mode needs two tuner for one recording. But the RS has no information about this. And if the RS uses the secend tuner e.g. for the EPG update is will stop the diversity mode.

Yes, I know about it. Therefore my preference of tuners is the following and I newer record concurrently from 4 or more mux:

Terrestrial TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 2 (8) Normální

Terrestrial PCTV 291e/461e BDA 28179 TVTuner (9) Normální

Terrestrial AF9015 BDA Filter 3 (1) Normální

Terrestrial AF9015 BDA Filter 5 (3) Normální

Terrestrial TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 1 (7) Normální

Terrestrial AF9015 BDA Filter 4 (2) Normální

Terrestrial AF9015 BDA Filter 6 (4) Normální

Terrestrial USB 2.0 BDA DVB-T Tuner (5) Nepoužívat

Cable USB 2.0 BDA DVB-C Tuner (6) Normální

Cable PCTV 291e/461e BDA 28179 TVTuner C (10) Nepoužívat

But whether have this tuner diversity is not here relevant. I simply start recording and in first 60 seconds was not data and recording had to be restarted - after it recording was ok. This occassionally happen and I think you maybe don't correctly handle this tuner (?).

In changes of RS 1.32 you wrote:

• Fix: Hardware: The TerraTec Connect N3 network tuner was not handled correctly.

My tuner is too TerraTec, maybe a similar problem?