Move channels to different group

Eyerex

Not yet. Work is in progress. Multi-selection in the DVBViewer Pro channellist editor will be available in the next release.

How would you do that? Isnt the ChanneList a TreeView control? MS does not support TV Multi-select yet to my knowledge (well if trying to implement it it works really crappy...at least for me :blushing: )

EDIT: Aha, its a Virtual Treeview (special built for Delphi) and it supports multiselect. Far out, cool! Wish i could use it :original:

Edited by majstang
MS does not support TV Multi-select yet to my knowledge (well if trying to implement it it works really crappy...at least for me

The Windows treeview component supports multi-select, or at least the Delphi VLC wrapper does. However, it's quite limited, so I preferred to do my own stuff in DVBViewer GE. A selection list object in the background kind of forces the Windows treeview to do what I want.

The Virtual Treeview in DVBViewer Pro is much more flexible, but also has its pitfalls, particularly when it comes to drag & drop in combination with multi-select as I experienced today... ;)

Will sorting be added as well? It's a real pain having to look through 100's of channels on a satellite looking for one when they're out of order.

You could use a spreadsheet application to sort the channel list. :innocent:

Export the channel list as .csv open it then with a spreadsheet application. Sot it there and save it again as .csv.

And delete all channels in the DVBViewer and import the sorted .csv channel list.

But this is only useful if you know how to work with a spreadsheet application, you like to change a lot. And only because there are currently no good solutions inside the DVBViewer Pro ;)

Will sorting be added as well?

There are sorting options in the channel list, but they just influence how it is displayed. They don't apply to the editor.

In the next release at least alphabetical sorting will be available in the editor, and it will change the order of folders and channels permanently. Here is an overview of the new features:

Zwischenablage01.png

- Multi-select of channels or category folders in the channel list editor and favourites editor. It applies to the following functions: Export, Drag & Drop, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Alphabetical Sorting

- Cut, Copy and Paste for moving a selection of channels or categories within the channel list and favourites editor, for copying items from the channel list to the favourites and for data exchange with DVBViewer GE and TransEdit.

- Select All selects all siblings of the selected item within a folder resp. caterory.

I assume not this year :) I currently got stuck with the HbbTV part, which will have several bigger improvements till the next release. Which means trimming the source and attempting removing work arounds.

Both have to become tested before we publish an update.