Remove DVD then restart DVBViewer causes error on startup

Geezerjem

Hi there,

I have recently been playing a DVD using DVBViewer as it seems to give the best results of the various softwares I have. However, I have now found a problem. I have found that this error message comes up when starting up DVBViewer if the DVD has been removed during or after DVBViewer has been closed down. This is a sensible message, BUT whether I press Cancel, Try again or Continue, it won't go past this message until some sort of disc ( either a a DVD or CD ) is inserted. I am now stuck with having to leave a disc in the drawer :-(

I was using an older version but have installed 5.2.2.0 now and it still happens.

If you want me to try things, please tell me.

Thanks,

Jem.

post-106668-0-71262500-1451567938_thumb.png

support.zip

Ok, I have found a workaround. Untick 'Autoplay DVD's' under Settings --> Options --> Movies. It looks like ( to me ) once a DVD has been played, it tries to Autoplay even if it's not there. Pressing Continue or Cancel should let DVBViewer run, but doesn't.

Please note that this is a workaround, not a bug fix.

Thanks,

Jem.

I can't reproduce it here, but searching with Google for

dvd "there is no disk in the drive"

finds Youtube videos dealing with this problem, e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7khU0ZY9gBU

It shows how to apply a registry hack that avoids this problem. IMO the issue is more system related than DVBViewer related.

If you get a specific error message it's always a good idea to search it in the web.