DVBViewer server + OctopusNet 4xDVB-C + Ziggo provider support > 3

Peerke

Dear DVBViewer (PRO),

We are living in The Netherlands, in a city called Venlo (just 2km from the German Boarder) and I’m a somewhat Multimedia hobbyist, but need your help for following:

• Environment:
    We are using DVB-C from the Dutch provider Ziggo (The biggest provider), and I would like to use a FULLY legal solution by using their Ziggo paycard within CAM’s
  • Currenty:
    I’m using 3x Digital Everywhere FiredDTV cards with 3x AlphaCrypt Classic cards and 3x Ziggo paycards in my Windows 7 MCE system and MCE up to full satisfaction already for 5-6 years…!
  • Future:
    Because MCE is ‘dead’, I would like to change over to Kodi and/or Emby (I’m using Emby already for several years) on a Windows 10 or Raspberry PI2 system in the following combination:
    • OctopusNet 4x DVB-C with 2x AlphaCript CAM’s and 2x Ziggo paycards
    • DVBViewer PRO or…. software
    • Kodi or Emby Theater/browser of Android version of client viewing software
  • NEED:
    as almost all Ziggo Full-HD TV-channels are encrypted, I need a solution where more than 3 encrypted TV-channels ALWAYS simultaneously can be viewed/recorded (just as I can now)

Questions:

• Can you confirm (or otherwise point me to a different solution) wether OctopusNet 4x DVB-C with 2x Alphacrypt Classic and 2x Ziggo paycards and DVBViewer PRO as server is able to support Always > 2, 3 or even 4 encrypted TV channels from Ziggo here in the Netherlands ?
  • How should I configure it, so that always 3-4 encrypted TV channels viewing/recording is possible ?
  • I’m not fully understanding the matters about MTD, but it seems that OctopusNet is not supporting it ?, how can you help me with DVBViewer PRO and a OctopusNet 4x DVB-C to see more than 3-4 encrypted TV channels simultaneously ?

Please understand, that I’m willing to step-over to a solid solution, need more the 3 simultaneous encrypted TV channels support (of Ziggo), I like to keep it legal (= no card sharing, etc.): I hope you can advise me what to do ?

Please supply as much valued information as possible !

P.S.: I’m boardmember of the Dutch biggest computer club: HCC, and we are sharing this kind of Multimedia information on a regular basis: If you can help me, I’ll try to help Digital Devices by distributing or even TESTING this kind of solution within our club: any support from you is appreciated !

Thanks and best regards

Edited by Peerke

AFAIK octopus is no solution for your problem. No MTD and the number of CIs is limited. Try RS with your Firedtv devices. That won't cost you anything :D