EIT EPG support on 9.0°E

Connum

Hi there,

Although the channels on 9E / 11804.00 V are encrypted, they have an unencrypted EIT EPG that I would like to see in the RS web interface and DVBViewer EPG. The data just doesn't follow the EPG standard in that ONID and TSID are always set to a value of 100. Otherwise, you can see the strings in clear text when analyzing the data in TransEdit.

Here's how the Tvheadend devs fixed this:

https://tvheadend.org/issues/2858

Sounds like a rather simple fix. Any chances this could be implemented in DVBViewer?

Edited by Connum

Yeah, I thought of other solutions as well, like grabbing the web epg and feeding it into DVBViewer via XMLTV. I also looked into EPG Collector, but it doesn't have support for this either (filed a request with them as well)...

What makes me think that it should be quite simple (for someone with higher coding skills and who's into the source and the technicalities regarding the DVB standard - so not me ;)) is

1) that for the Tvheadend developers it took just a couple of lines to add to the default EIT EPG implementation, ignoring or correcting the wrong ONID and TSID values under these specific circumstances

2) The analysis with TransEdit shows the EPG data in the clear, it just doesn't make its way into the collected EPG data (supposedly because DVBViewer discards it due to the deviation from the standards):

post-109426-0-89167500-1452684943_thumb.png

But as I said, I'm not too deep into coding software myself, so I might be wrong. But then, I wonder how Tvheadend enabled it with just a view changes. ;)

post-109426-0-89167500-1452684943_thumb.png

Dirty solution, indeed, but a solution it is. ;-) Thanks for the tipp! Guess I'll leave it that way instead of parsing EPG data from the web.

But it strengthens my feeling that it should be a fairly easy thing to implement. Just another checkbox like the DVB/MHW/External EPG options in my mind. :D

So it would still be great if this could be considered or at least looked into...

Just another checkbox like the DVB/MHW/External EPG options in my mind.

A checkbox to exclude a root and/or service from auto-update could be simple solution.

Or a plugin that patches the Transportstream ID of incoming EIT sections for the actual TS to the Transportstream ID in the PAT, and additionally (in case of differing Transportstream IDs) the Network ID to 0, which serves as a kind of wildcard in DVBViewer that always matches.

Well, then let's hope somebody has the ability, muse and time to write something like that. I think it would be a great addition! Until then, at least we have a workaround thanks to Derrick!

Edited by Connum
Or a plugin that patches the Transportstream ID of incoming EIT sections

Cannot be done easily because the CRC for the whole EIT section must be recalculated, which means, the whole section must be read and changed by the plugin before DVBViewer sees it. With other words: It can not be done by patching single TS packets. So no good idea.

I've done something similar some years ago, but the other way round:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/39530-problem-or-bug-with-subtitles-pls-help/?p=288438

In this case the Transportstream ID in the PAT was missing, and it worked because the PAT mostly fits into a single TS packet.