To everybody:

Before you start to read this, I must tell you that I’m a Fan of DVBViewer more than 10 years!

Inside of this post you will find not only bugs, but also the tips & tricks how to use better you software.

The Last used Software is V.5.5.2 with TT-connect S2-4600 USB SAT Receiver with different computers and another PCI cards.

Seems all have problems related to different thingsfreeze, crashes, not tune:

--> all is just simple: -- You software don’t initialize the driver itself at all like must.

Most Big Bugs in DVBViewer V.5.5.2:

1. Crashed, the computer must Restarted, or, if the DVBViewer trying to close it -

They don’t permit to close iteven if you use the Task Manager processing:

Solution -Just unplug the USB cable from computer -& ‘DVBViewer’ will close at 99%. It’s not about a Codec, it’s not about a DirectX – It’s about software in ‘DVBViewer’ –Why? It’s simple: in the same time is tested with ‘TT Viewer’ and ‘DVB Dream’ –boot started and close without problem.

- The “TT Budget Viewer” worked like a charm every time – like old Version of “DVB Dream” –the last is also quick and I use it sometimes to initialize the Start process of “DVBViewer”, because after crashed –‘DVBViewer’ just crashed at Start again and don’t Start!

2. Freezing of “DVBViewer” – This can be affect 90% only from a memory problem – again “DVBViewer”, they so “Dump” Memory, that became no space to Refresh him.

Solution -You can do that in Win7 –to give access to Improve this application (default is ‘Let the windows decide’) or, just “Log of” or “Restart” the computer.

3. Crashing or/and “Can’t tune –no Hardware Available”

- Sometimes the “DVBViewer” just doesn’t start or crashing again with different ERRORS and you must “Restart” computer again:

Solution - to avoid this, just use the SAFE or Debug mode that you will find In menu of Programs from “DVBViewer”, or

Create new Shortcut of “DVBViewer” (just copy old from desktop) ->Properties, in the Target add the ‘- c - vanilla’ like this:

Target: “C…DVBViewer.exe” -c - vanilla

--> this will stop loading the channel and don’t initialize the driver stack with DirectX component. The “DVBViewer” will Start at 95% without problem. Normally is enough only first parameter ‘-c’, because sometimes if the codec is incorrectly –this will go difficult for the first start.

You can use “Debug” command in the same way.

IF you have more than one ‘Plugins’ –please, don’t run more than one when crashed!

Can happening that DVBViewer crashed up again several times –use this method:

– because of ERRORS that writing in computer and you ‘Plugin’, when starting in Safe mode –wait for 3-4s before tuning a channel (the time is need to avoid next error by initializing the first good time of you ‘Plugin’).

Tips: Before Start the “DVBViewer” in SAFE mode - you can unplug the USB cable –Wait for approx 5s, then plug it again, then Start in Safe Mode “DVBViewer”. This can help to avoid Restarting computer several times unusually. You can do the same if you have a PCI card from “Device Manager”, but the Stack stay in this way “on the Fly” (some info stay inside).

The DVBViewer is still the Best knowing commercial SAT player –but the V.5.5.2 Is too Buggy!

In the End, for me the best old version is a V5.0.1, and V4.4.2.

Upon V5.0.1 all version (incl. 5.3) crashed more than usual!

So, Please, keep in mind this for a Future Version Guys!

Cheerz and Happy New Year!

Edited by Leonlive

I have been using DVBViewer for a similar length of time and I can honestly say I have never seen any of those problems. It may have its quirks but I have never seen it crash or hang, not once, and I use it every day. I suggest your problems are related to your setup, hardware or drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

DVBViewer Pro 5.5.2.0 just downloaded via Internet Explorer 11

OS Windows 7 home premium sp1 32bit ver 6.1 build 7601

download date time 2016.01.29 23:29
execute DVBViewer_Setup.exe

security issue:
The publisher of this program couldn't be verified.

This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.
You should only run software from publishers you trust.

Edited by redge73

DVBViewer Pro 5.5.2.0 just downloaded via Internet Explorer 11

OS Windows 7 home premium sp1 32bit ver 6.1 build 7601

download date time 2016.01.29 23:29

execute DVBViewer_Setup.exe

security issue:

The publisher of this program couldn't be verified.

This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.

You should only run software from publishers you trust.

Don't Trust every single word form 'Bill Gates'! :) hah

I'm Sure you already figured that (or installed)...I just pass here - and have not too much time but,

will try to help you more.

This can be very simple or -very difficult - try to reflect the words.

My suggestions:

Do this if you are 100% sure in you source - simple, to avoid risk of another mistakes ;) (f.e. spams, viruses, Trojans, not compatible digital signature or antivirus)

- Run Internet Explorer (IE) in 'Private Browsing' -> or just klick in one opened IE 'Ctrl+Schift+P'

- Go to you downloading page --> If something com like 'Warning' in red((If this happening, you are already infected or something wrong with you computer) --> Go to 'I understand this risk and download it.

Or, just use another Browser - like Firefox f.e. -it will be much simple ;)

Most of cases this can Happening because you already have a Virus or Trojans, or just you Security tab for some reason is too high(antivirus, last crashed software update: tips - not all updates is compatible, or just registry Error at some Admin Level).

After you downloaded, before you run it - click properties and check the SHA in security -what all says.

--> Then, you choice -Run it and, enjoy another day of you beautiful Word from 'Bill Gates'. ;)

Of course, and from you new installed 'DVBViewer'.

Cheers! :)

Edited by Leonlive

I have TT connect S2-3650 CI as well as Terratec S7 MKII and my experience is that TT connect couldn't perform correct with DVBViewer and my conclusion is that it probably is due to the BDA-driver.

Terratec S7 however is performing excellent with DVBViewer so my guess is that Your problem is more related to TT connect than to DVBViewer.

/ Hansrh