Language and EPG problems

eXtDev

How can I add spanish language to DVB recording service? Also, why EPG info of DVB-T channels are OK but I have no info of DVB-S channels?

Thanks.

I have spanish language in that folder, but in the DVB service options there's no such option. As for the EPG, you mean tuning it on DVBViewer and looking for the EPG on the web client of the recording service?

OK, the language issue is now fixed, I did not realize that I had only one spanish file, not the two. I thought that was the only one needed.

As for the EPG, on DVBViewer the DVB-T channels are fine, but as for the DVB-S ones I can only see the current program and the next one, not the entire day or the next day. That for DVBViewer, on the RS nothing for the DVB-S channels. The DVB-T channels on the RS web interface seems to be OK, but the EPG is not exactly the same that it is on DVBV.

What you mean DVBV working with RS? If I activated RS on DVBV I can no longer record manually and I don't want that.

Someone told me that there are some tweaks to have an EPG for a week. How could I do that?

Thanks to all of you guys :)

The DVBViewer is not configured correctly:

If the DVBViewer is configured correctly to work with the RS all streams are going though the RS.
http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide#Setting_up_DVBViewer

And then start in the Web interface > Tasks > Start EPG Update
and then look on the Status page. You should see the "EPG Update" in the ( ) you can see how many frequency the update has to check until it has finished it's run.

And you should nor use the DVBViewer on a DVB-S channel until it is over. To not intercept it and be sure that you have collected all EPG available

Some channels do not provide all EPG with all channels but instead send it on special transponders.

If there in the RS Wizad is no RS selectable, mostly something on you PC is blocking multicast traffic.

You can change the settings in Options > Hardware manual:

set both Hauppauge Tuners Status = "Do not use"

and add two RTSP devices

set one to Tuner Type DVB-T and one to DVB-S2

and go into there settings and set the IP to 127.0.0.1

But the problem with multicast traffic on you PC, will cause problems with other communication between RS and DVBViewer.

Done that, now RS shows only current program and the next one, same as DVBV, nothing more than 2. Anyway, I don't want to use my SAT card ONLY with RS, but also with DVBV. Maybe what I'm looking for is something like EPG Collector, but I haven't been able to make it work with RS.

If everything is configured correct you can use the DVBViewer as before (only a ruining recording in the RS will limet the channels you can watch).

Only during the test EPG update you shouldn't use the DVBViewer. Because the EPG update has the lowest priority, an will be interrupted by the DVBViewer client (and my miss special EPG Transponders).

Do you have on all DVB-S channels only now and next EPG or only on channels from some TV networks?

Not all TV stations transmit more EPG. You should investigate a via which method you TV stations are transmuting there EPG.

What do you mean exactly by "record manually.

If on Options > Recording Service settings all available settings are enabled.

Recordings will run in the RS (except recordings from the time shift buffer).

But you can still use the "Start/Stop recording" Tool bar in the DVBViewer, to start recordings.

But as I sad, the multicast problem on you PC can interfere with some communications e.g. signalling recordings in the RS to the DVBViewer went multicast.

In other words the problem in the RS Wizard is only one symptom from some software on you PC blocking communication's between DVBViewer and RS.

I can't start recording by the button if I enable RS on DVBV.

Does EPG Collector have a log or something? Because on the output I see things that are not on the EPG of the RS after the proccess.

As for the blocking software, any clue? I've disabled my AV but still the same.

The problem with DVBV not finding RS was that RSTP server was not enabled. Anyway, that's not what bodders me. I followed some instructions to put EPG on RS with EPG collector, but they seem to have no effect.

Can someone help me here? Thanks.

OK it seam you have disabled the MediaHighway EPG. Enable it again.

You should never change a option if you don't know what it is for.

With the default settings it wound have worked from the beginning.

Have you run a complete EPG Update after this? Speciality Transponder 10847 V

There are at least for some Spanish channels EPG data.

If you are looking for a special channel. Maybe this one has only now and next EPG via DVB-S.

When I click on Run EPG on the webserver it starts doing it but for DVB-T. I'll leave it there for a while. How to choose specific transponder?

Confirmed, it only scan EPG for DVB-T.

Edited by eXtDev

The EPG Update will run for all transponders and all reviving formats if the DVB card is not in use.

If DVBViewer or a recording are using DVB-S it will not be updated.

OK, now I have something, but only current program and not all the channels. I expect at least to show the programs for the rest of the day, right?

I can't get EPG Collector to work. Where am I suppose to put my user/pass?

Every time I try I get:

An exception of type WebException has occurred while communicating with the Recording Service

Thanks in advance.

Edited by eXtDev