Freeview "Motors TV" stopped displaying image help?

fozzy

Recently channel 20 "Motors TV" moved to channel 292 and has stopped displaying the picture, all program information and guide are still available. According to the supplier its still a free to view channel and should be working see link

https://uk.motorstv.com/get-motors-tv

However as you can see in the supplied screen shot its showing a locked symbol in the lower left of the screen.

I would be most grateful if anybody can help with this problem.

post-144618-0-92066500-1454933319_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The lock means that the channel is scrambled. You need a CI-module and a smartcard.

btw. all Motors TV in my list are scrambled

Do you mean Freeview (DVB-T) or Freesat (DVB-S)?

Snap14.png

I'm using Freeview DVB-T2 and according to the web link above i should be able to view it, I could up until last week.

I take it im going to have to switch to DVB-S and get the add-ons you mention? in which case its too much to lay out for one channel.

According to the the Motors TV web site I should be able to receive it, it quotes;

1) How do I check my current TV/set-top box (STB) is able to receive Motors TV?

• You need a Freeview HD TV or set-top box (device)

• It must be a HD device, not a non-HD Freeview device. If you can receive BBC1 HD on channel 101 then it is a Freeview HD device.

• It must be connected to the internet via either a cable back to your home router or WiFi (some new TVs also have in-built WiFi that can connect). Follow your manufacturer’s instructions on how to do this.

• Re-tune your TV or STB as if you are installing new channels to ensure you have the latest listings in the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).

• Once re-tuned check to see if Motors TV is listed at channel 240 in your EPG. If it is not you are unfortunately in the small percentage of people only able to receive a limited range of Freeview channels.

• Select Motors TV on channel 240. It may take up to 30 seconds to begin streaming. If you see a message on screen saying ‘your device is not compatible’ or ‘service loading please wait’, which doesn’t subsequently clear after about one minute, then your TV or STB is unfortunately not compatible with these services. Our providers are constantly working to open up access to as many devices as possible but some older TVs and STBs may not conform to the necessary requirements to receive our channel.

• One way of checking whether your device is compatible with internet-delivered channels is to select channels immediately around 240. All of these are internet-delivered, so if they also don't work it's highly likely that your device is unfortunately incompatible.

3) Why doesn’t my device appear to support Motors TV?

Assuming a viewer has followed the tests as outlined in 1) and not been successful it points to the device being one of the early generation of Freeview HD products that did not support MHEG streaming channels. Devices we know of that do not support streamed channels are below. These are all quite old devices and no longer available new in the shops.

Thanks for the response

Edited by fozzy

On sat it's scrambled. From what you quoted, Motor TV seems to be a streaming service. Do you have a Freeview HD TV or set-top box that support MHEG streaming channels?

I do have a brand new Sony Freeview HDTV and I do get a picture saying re-tune the service is still available on channel 240 it wont tune to it though! I canrt say if it worked before the re-tune as I never used the tv in this way.

The PC uses a TBS DVB T2 card and DVB Pro which did work fine.

As I said its always worked previously the only thing Ive changed is purchasing/installing MHEG software through DVB, on recollection this is around the time the channel stopped working for me on the off chance this is the problem I'll do a reinstall without MHEG as soon as i can.

The only other thing I can think is "Motors TV" is at fault I have contacted them and await a response.

I just checked it on my TV here in Bristol for you, the original channel does indeed say it has moved to 240 so I tuned to 240 and it's working fine here.

It's odd that it can only be received by an HD/DVB-T2 device, I had wondered why my DVB-T tuner couldn't receive it in DVBViewer so at least that is answered but it's a strange set-up and odd that we can't access it online or via FreeSat via a DVB-S2 tuner.

Edited by SimonP

...odd that we can't access it online or via FreeSat via a DVB-S2 tuner...

...not so odd: probably the broadcaster doesn't hold the rights to broadcast across national borders, so they are obliged to cript sat/online transmissions (sat often cover well more that one nation and www the entire world, vs cable/terrestrial broadcast estension that are instead well limited...)

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy

I do have a brand new Sony Freeview HDTV and I do get a picture saying re-tune the service is still available on channel 240 it wont tune to it though! I canrt say if it worked before the re-tune as I never used the tv in this way.

The PC uses a TBS DVB T2 card and DVB Pro which did work fine.

As I said its always worked previously the only thing Ive changed is purchasing/installing MHEG software through DVB, on recollection this is around the time the channel stopped working for me on the off chance this is the problem I'll do a reinstall without MHEG as soon as i can.

The only other thing I can think is "Motors TV" is at fault I have contacted them and await a response.

As I wrote earlier this has nothing to do with DVB. Motors TV is a streaming service that is supported by Freeview. Smart TV or HD-receiver have to be connected to the internet and must support the Freeview service. Maybe it's also possible with DVBViewer and HbbTV/MHEG-5.

Snap17.png

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem that DVBViewer is not tuning or storing a certain rage/frequency which contains Motors TV it is available on freeview UK as I have it on my TV. After discussion on another forum regarding freeview in general in the UK as I was having a similar problem on my TV which has now been resolved on my TV however the channels on coms 4 and coms7 IPTV as shown below are still not working on DVBViewer.

https://ukfree.tv/prediction/PGSTART1840/#pagebar

fozzy: In that case it would appear that for some reason or another your TV is failing to store most of COM4's IPTV channels, as 239 is broadcast on COM6 and with 256 being on COM7, the odd thing about this being that 248 (Africa Free TV) "is" on COM4.

As all these missing channel numbers are definitely broadcast by Winter Hill, albeit that its a bit of a bind having to do this, but you should try carrying out a "factory reset" on your TV and see if this resolves the problem, the procedure for same listed on page 196 of your i-manual.

I have tried everything to resolve this please HELP.

Hello and thank you.

I see the following, i tried to save the info but could not select or see where it was saved to so find attached screen shots.

From what I can see all the channels that I spoke of are missing.

Edited by fozzy

Hello and thank you.

I see the following, i tried to save the info but could not select or see where it was saved to so find attacked screen shots.

From what I can see all the channels that I spoke of are missing.

post-144618-0-37024300-1457040748_thumb.jpg

post-144618-0-64864900-1457040755_thumb.jpg

post-144618-0-90945700-1457040761_thumb.jpg

post-144618-0-07232300-1457040957_thumb.jpg

post-144618-0-43300400-1457040966_thumb.png

Ive now loaded the new channels using Transedit thank you kindly for pointing it out, the channels where absent as my local transmitter is not "mendip" which is the only preinstalled UK service so it was missing an entire mux stream out making up another 10 channels or so.

However it would seem DVBViewer doesn't support them as they are all streaming which is very disappointing as I would of thought it would keep up to date with current TV services being PC based.

So I am stuck with viewing through my standard TV unless anybody can update the software?

Continuing from above there's actually 20 plus new channels all streamed which ive tried to upload a screen shot of but the sites not allowing any uploads :(

The message I see for these new channels is "your device does support this service but needs to be connected to the internet"

The upload space in the forum is limited but you can delete old not needed contend.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

(only the Analyzer screen shots are interesting for the problem)

So the channels have a PMT entry but no video or audio. Therefore the channel scan will categorise them as inactive.

If you have them in the DVBViewer channel list, and the HbbTV/MHEG 5 addon installed.

Try if MHEG 5 is working go on a channel with MHEG 5 and press OSD-red [F5] do you get the MHEG 5 overlay/interface?

And then try one of the "inactive" channels and press OSD-red.

OK you can stop trying.

Christian has told me that the MHEG 5 addon doesn't support streaming (IPTV) at all. It is not implemented in the MHEG 5 addon.

If you have questions about this writ a email to Christian. The adress is in the DVBViewer Help > About

Lets explain it more detailed: Mheg5 was introduced decades ago as replacement for Teletext. It is some sort of compressed package provided via DVB and includes command scripts and images.

A few years ago a few additional features has been added. PVR Bookmarks for New Zealand, storing of data on the STB for Australia and CI+ resp. Streaming support. We also added this a couple of years ago and at the start it worked (if you ignore the geoblocking ip ranges, which made testing nearly impossible). Then with CI+ and further other limitations it became nearly impossible to create a working solution. If you now enable the Streaming support via Tweak inside the DVBViewer, you will get an error message on the most services. MHEG in the DVBViewer will run fine till the service is cancelled or replaced via HbbTV, but it will only work like on these old offline STB's. You might check this by your self while adding a subsection called MHEG in the setup.xml and an entry named ICStatus with a value 0.

Hackbart,

Thank you again for your input Ive tried editing the setup with no result. However this link maybe of interest to you for development https://ukfree.tv/prediction#b790012

As it seems its possible to get the streams functioning through TransEdit

fozzy: You can add the streams directly to TransEdit 4.1.0 Beta.

See http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2139129

Copy the text in the Code box to a new text file.

In the TransEdit menu, go to Info->Configuration Folder and save it as dttstreams.m3u to the Transponders folder.

Close TransEdit.

Run TransEdit; dttstreams should now appear in the left window pane.

Select dttstreams and, in the right window pane, double-click the stream you want (Motors TV).

TransEdit will connect to the internet and a Scanner window will open with 'service1' at the top.

Double-click 'service1' to play the stream.