CAM

felix_max

More informations are necessary. Depending on the used TV card sometims aditional API .dll are needed.

Post a support.zip

And the CAM Menu is only available if the DVBViewer controls the hardware or if the RS is used in combination with the Unicast device not with the RTSP device.

OK for Twinhan based hardware no API .dll should be necessary.

And if you use the Demo the RS is not involved.

But the card is not detected a a device with CI. Which TV card are you using?

And you using the Demo from version 5.5.1 there was a Demo Update a vie days ago to 5.6.0. But I don't think this will change much.

You can try changing Settings > Options > Hardware > "Has CI module" to enabeld.

I installed 5.6.0 but I got "Setup file is corrupted" at the end of installation but It runs and shows 5.6.0

No CAM yet as you predicted.

Technisat has sold lots of different TV cards most named SkyStar XXX.

True but as screenshots this is a UDST7000BDA device. Maybe this can be more useful than a "Skystar USB 2 HD CI" name.

A quick and old review here.

Edited by felix_max

Oh sorry, I was thinking about a Software Module like a plugin, not at the phisical module :D

It's a TivùSat HD module made by Humax for Nagra.

The card says:

NAGRA ®

KUDELSKI

Does CAM need to apply to a common standard? I always thinked CAM communication was the same for all and the difference was just from CAM to card and not from CAM to tv/receiver/set-top-box

Some providers uses CI+, what is not a plus to the CI-Standard, it is for restrictions in receiving and saving contents from TV-providers. And CI+ does not work in computerequipment.

But how i wrote, i dont know if your modul ist CI or CI+.

btw, in your photos it is not possible, on which channel you are, if you try to reach the cam-menu?

Test it with free, and with crypted channels please.

PeterF

Sorry if I insist... from the dedicate page of TivùSat site:

La Humax CAM tivùsat HD è stata progettata per decriptare i servizi presenti sulla piattaforma satellitare gratuita tivùsat, non è verificato il funzionamento con altre piattaforme televisive.

in english: The Humax CAM tivùsat HD is designed to decrypt tivùSAT services, the functionality on other tv platform is not verified.

and

L'utilizzo della Humax CAM tivùsat HD all'interno di un dispositivo non certificato da tivùsat può provocare un errato funzionamento dello stesso nonché delle anomalie durante la visualizzazione dei programmi televisivi.

in english: Using Humax CAM tivùsat HD with devices not tivùsat certified may cause its malfunctioning as well as display abnormalities of tv programs.-> that probably explain the behaviour you expose in your post #20

AND, in the same page, there is also a compatybility check for this CI, and the only brands mentioned are: FUBA, Samsung, Sony, TELE System, LG electronics and Panasonic...

Mine are only supposition, but I think is enough to say that there is some invalicable compatibility issue, first of all because I'm persuaded that your receiver isn't TivùSat certified, otherwise it should have had one of theyr certification sticker on it....

Nevertless there can be some other solution, but IMHO it can't be asked to use such a special CAM module in a "standard" context...

Have you already googled enough about any alternative solutions?

:bye: