Automatically run "Scan Devices" on DVBViewer start

nerd

I have a strange issue that after starting my computer and after the first start of DVBViewer I can't get any channel visible, unless I

1) Close the DVBViewer and restart it

2) Click the Scan Devices button in the setting.

Is there any way to make DVBViewer automatically "scan devices" when starting it?

You could try Reset after sleep/hibernate in the hardware options. Same in the RS options if you use the recording service. Alas it doesn't work with all cards

Snap11.png

You could try Reset after sleep/hibernate in the hardware options. Same in the RS options if you use the recording service. Alas it doesn't work with all cards

attachicon.gifSnap11.png

I have tried that, just like all other options I found in the settings, no difference.

It there a difference in the configuration folder hardware.xml before and after scanning for devices?

Is it a USB device? If yes is it connected direct to the PC?

No difference.

Yes, It is a USB device, directly connected to PC, i.e. no hubs if that is what you mean.

Before starting DVBViewer:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
<section name="@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_15f4&pid_0131&mi_00#7&4f1c736&0&0000#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{9d4afc32-0f42-45d9-b590-af9295699871}">
<entry name="HasCI">1</entry>
<entry name="UseHardwareFilter">1</entry>
<entry name="NoStandard">1</entry>
<entry name="DoReset">1</entry>
<entry name="Name">ASTROMETA DTV Filter</entry>
<entry name="TunerType">0</entry>
<entry name="Status">1</entry>
<entry name="InstID">ASTROMETA DTV Filter 0</entry>
<entry name="DeviceNr">1</entry>
<entry name="Vendor">15</entry>
<entry name="Priority">2</entry>
<entry name="Tag">0</entry>
<entry name="DeviceType">1</entry>
<entry name="Groups">255</entry>
<entry name="Retune">4</entry>
<entry name="SkipComponents">0</entry>
</section>
</settings>
After Scan Devices:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
<section name="@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_15f4&pid_0131&mi_00#7&4f1c736&0&0000#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{9d4afc32-0f42-45d9-b590-af9295699871}">
<entry name="HasCI">1</entry>
<entry name="UseHardwareFilter">1</entry>
<entry name="NoStandard">1</entry>
<entry name="DoReset">1</entry>
<entry name="Name">ASTROMETA DTV Filter</entry>
<entry name="TunerType">0</entry>
<entry name="Status">1</entry>
<entry name="InstID">ASTROMETA DTV Filter 0</entry>
<entry name="DeviceNr">1</entry>
<entry name="Vendor">15</entry>
<entry name="Priority">2</entry>
<entry name="Tag">0</entry>
<entry name="DeviceType">1</entry>
<entry name="Groups">255</entry>
<entry name="Retune">4</entry>
<entry name="SkipComponents">0</entry>
</section>
</settings>
Edited by nerd

OK I have no idea what the problem is there on your system.

The only case where the DVBViewer runs "Scan Devices" on start is when no hardware.xml or hardware.bak exists.

I did a one more clean reinstall of Windows 10, installation of the same drivers I know works, and installed the older DVBViewer 5.5.1 known to work, but the problem is the same. The newer DVBViewer 5.6.0 behaves the same.

Deleting the hardware.xml and hardware.bak before starting DVBViewer didn't help, it requires a one press of the "Scan Devices" button to work. Weird.

There is a scripting language in DVBViewer, can it do this automatically?

Many things can be assessed vis the COM interface. But I doubt the scanning for new hardware is there possible.

Start the DVBViewer via "DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode)" in the start menu. And then try to tun a channel and then scan for devices and tune a channel. Stop the DVBViewer and post a support.zip.

Maybe this gives some informations what is going on on you system.

I suggest another check to narrow down the problem:

- phisically unplug your receiver

- replug it

- start DVBViewer and check

and also:

- do you usually Shutdown or Hibernate or Standbay your PC?

- do DVBViewer behave differently in reactivate your receiver in the three case above?

- have you already checked all USB related energy saving options?

Furthermore, and specially with W8-10, "Hybrid Hibernate" can cause (apparently unrelated) problems:

please try to disable it, restart your PC and then recheck if DVBViewer be able to reactivate you receiver at first shot...

Last chance: use Windows Device Console aka Devcon; search about it in this forum...

:bye:

I don't see a difference between the working and not working channel tuning in the log.

I had a Astrometa based DVB-T2 stick as well (TeVii H630) it had some weird behaver. And i hand to re plug the sick or reinstall the driver from time to time. But it completely stop working a while ago (it inset detected as USB device an more in Win an Linux).

This is definitely some kind of a DVB-USB stick or a driver issue in Astrometa DVB-C device, since the same problem is with another DVB program I tried. The problem remains the same, after the first start of any DVB viewing program the image is blank, but after closing it and starting the same, or any other DVB program, everything works.

It is like the stick/driver needs to be "poked" once before it gets working. Is there a way to do this with a devcon? Or preferably, with a DVBViewer script.

I'm pretty sure devcon can fit your needs, please find how here or google "how to use devcon"...

Normally you end with a batch like this:

@echo off
devcon disable "your_device_ID"

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 5000 > NUL

devcon enable "your_device_ID" [or/and devcon rescan]

Once you develop and test the right batch, you can simply add at his end a line to finally start DVBViewer.

Last step is to create a desktop link that point the batch: you can change his icon loading the one inside DVBViewer.exe

PS.: often to have "your_device_ID" work correctly, you have to omit the last 4-8 (or more) digit, eventually adding a asterisk (without spaces).

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy