5.6 lost video & audio decoders

vramor

I had no problem with 5.6.0 version several days, but suddenly I noticed the audio absence on the channel with AC3. DirectX settings showed that DVBViewer lost and could not see neither video nor audio decoders which are installed in the system (Win7 SP1 x64). Only Microsoft DTV-DVD video and audio remained. But as the matter of fact there are LAV Video Decoder, LAV Audio Decoder, and AC3Filter in the system. They worked perfectly in other apps at the same moment. Restart PC did not help. So I had have to return to 5.5.2. This is the first failure with DVBViewer during many good years of my successful use this outstanding program.

Edited by vramor

Are there 32 bit LAV Filters and 32 bit AC3Filter on the system?

Post a support.zip from the DVBViewer 5.6.0

Yes, there are both 32 bit LAV Filters and AC3Filter on my system, but DVBViewer doesn't suppose to choose AC3Filter in the Settings->DirectX, only LAV Audio Decoder, despite of the AC3Filter presence.

2016-03-14_200522.1457977490.jpg 2016-03-14_200610.1457977593.jpg

Edited by vramor

Your screenshot shows the AAC decoder list, not AC3. AFAIK AC3 Filter doesn't support AAC.

No, my screenshot shows options for AC3.

Several notes. After I installed 5.6.0 I've made the image my system disk (sector by sector). When I made recovery using this image I've got the normal DVBViewer with LAV decoders for video and audio. My support.zip was made after this recovery.

Edited by vramor

On your system are only two 32 bit audio codecs installed. LAV Audio and Microsoft. And that has nothing to do with the DVBViewer.

There are 32 bit and 64 bit both video and audio codecs. You can see this on the screenshots. Earlier I posted the screenshot concerning AC3Filter.

2016-03-14_203304.1457979863.jpg 2016-03-14_203331.1457980021.jpg

The question is why DVBViewer cannot see AC3Filter as other apps did.

There is no problem with AC3Filter on the other PC under Win10. Something's wrong with Win7... I'll find out.

Edited by vramor

This is LAV and LAV Audio Decoder is selected in the support.zip and shown in the screen shot of you DVBViewer setting.

I don't see you problem.

But you shouldn't use codec packs they can cause problems. Remove them and get the codecs from original source:

http://www.ac3filter.net/wiki/Download_AC3Filter

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

Edited by Tjod

This is LAV and LAV Audio Decoder is selected in the support.zip and shown in the screen shot of you DVBViewer setting.

I don't see you problem.

I reinstalled AC3Filter and restarted PC. AC3Filter appeared in DVBViewer options. It seems to me that the system just has lost or unregistered AC3Filter. I don't know why. In any case I left 5.5.2.