DVBViewer 5.6.0 ignores Video-Folder setting

bjkelly4@gmail.com

Hi

I've encountered a problem in choosing a new video folder location

I've created a video folder on my F: drive but videos only save to the default drive on C: drive!

Please see attached files showing drive details and capacity

I did not have this problem with the previous version of DVBViewer

Any help appreciated

Brian

post-152625-0-51020900-1457912953_thumb.jpg

post-152625-0-80879200-1457912957_thumb.jpg

If the DVBViewer is for what ever reason not able to write to the configured recording folder, It will use C:\Users\Public\Videos\ as fallback.

Maybe the configured folder is on a another server, which takes too long to wake up?

I just discovered some recordings have been written to the C:\Users\Public\Videos folder. This is my system SSD drive. I'd rather have the recording not written at all than written to my SSD. I had no idea this folder was used. I explicitly disabled and removed any and all C: drive locations wherever I encountered them in the DVBViewer or Recording Service configurations. I want to prevent this from happening again. How can it be done?

Thanks, Tjod. If it's not possible right now, it would be good to make this configurable. Having gigabytes of data written to your system SSD is defnitely rude behaviour (although I'm sure the intentions are all the best). Also, in Windows 8.1, the Library feature has been removed from Windows Explorer, so I only discovered by accident that I had more than 7 gigs of data stored there. Bottom line, writing data by default to the system drive is not a smart move at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue over the past couple of days - I suddenly found some missed recordings and a full HDD.

My question is: is there any restriction on where you can record to? I was originally recording to a local drive but wanted to use a network drive (to the NAS) instead. The config seemed to accept this, the drive is mapped to the PC running Recording Service, and there don't seem to be any issues accessing it over the network.

Mapping network drives to a drive letter is a per user setting and doesn't affect the service account (where the recording service is running). So such a drive doesn't exist for the Recording Service.

So you need to use UNC paths.

And there are more restrictions related to programs running in the System account. They cant access shared drives with user name and password.

And for Win 10 Microsoft has added more restrictions. So you need to run the RS in a user account to be able to access networks shares which aren't from a Win 8 or Win 10 System.

• Like 1