Disecq preset position problem since 5.6.0

dolehaj

Since version 5.6.0 it is not possible to save disecq type 1.2. preset position 1 to specific satellite. I can set the proper configuration (and see the system working) but after program restart it always lost the settings and move motor to not defined position (probably zero) out of the limit of the actuator. Then when I check the preset position it remembers the type but position number is completely missing.

post-114814-0-41528200-1458168251_thumb.jpg

post-114814-0-72742900-1458168281_thumb.jpg

Confirmed.

However, as far as I can see this is only a visual flaw. After restarting DVBViewer the previously set position number shows up as soon as I select DiSEqC -> Preset Position again.

Did you click Apply after configuring the position number?

Yes, of course I clicked on apply button. I can confirm that when I click on the preset position choice then I can see the proper preset number again. But when I close the application an start it again the actuator starts to move the dish to unknown position until it reaches eastern limit. I have to open channel editor, select satellite's reception settings and confirm the preset position again. After this I can change channels without any issue until new start of the application. Then the dish turns again.

After checking it again I can confirm that you are right: The value is stored correctly in the channel and transponder list, but when DVBViewer (re-)loads the channel list Preset Position is reset to 0.

It is (hopefully) fixed now. Since I have no motor I cannot test it directly, so it would be good if you could test it. Please check your PMs.

It will be solved in another bugfix release 5.6.2. We are just collecting some more bugs before we come to it. :)

Till then the best solution is to revert to version 5.5.2 (still available in the Older Versions section), since there is no work-around for 5.6.1.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you re-configured your Preset Position settings with DVBViewer Pro 5.6.2? It won't work without it, because 5.6.1 reset it on each DVBViewer start resp. loading of the channel list.

What about the channel scan (reception settings). And a channel scan. The thing what the topic here is about?

You can't change DiseqC settings on channel basis. Only per Sat position in the reception settings.

39° E only? That's not a hell of a lot for someone with a motorized dish ;)

Nevertheless, with the shown configuration and after clicking Apply it should work for all channels with 39° E as orbital position. If things are still not working please attach your zipped channels.dat, so I can have a look at it.

It's set up just to see . A complete list of the old channel I pulled out. Of course I have a motorized system and look at everything.

Here it looks ok, as it should be.

In the picture in the post 15 Tuner tupe and DiseqC are not available. Does the way it should be?

Yes, that is intended. DVBViewer 5.6.x does not allow to set up DiSEqC per root folder or channel anymore, but only per satellite position. Logical, isn't it?

All this I'm working with excluded positioner do not know whether to come again to collapse if I turn it on?

The fix has been confirmed as working by dolehaj (see first post) who tested it. However, If you have a working setup with DVBViewer 5.5.2 and want to avoid any risk, stay with 5.5.2. It's your decision.

• Like 1