NetStreaming plugin to Chromecast

samf88

Hi all - hope this is in the right forum! Didn't put it in the Plugins forum as that seems to be about third party plugins rather than official ones.

I am running DVBViewer Pro V5.6.1.0 with NetStreaming.dll V1.4.6.0. I have NetStreaming configured with Unicast on port 1234 and can access the stream over my local network in VLC... however I have had problems trying to access the stream on my TV.

I was hoping to be able to open the stream in an app on my Android device and cast it to my Chromecast to view on TV... but haven't had much luck so far. Many apps seem to have difficulty processing AC3 audio in the streams though, and any app that does allow the video to run doesn't seem to support casting. I have tried casting my PC screen to Chromecast via the Chrome plugin but sadly this is experimental and results in dropped frames. I've even tried installing Plex server on my PC and setting it up with an IPTV bundle but sadly this doesn't seem to work either!

Basically I'm hoping that somebody has a solution that works. Even if it means running another service that transcodes the stream and rebroadcasts it.

It's only for personal use and I don't plan on broadcasting to a large audience - just me. I have considered the Recording Service software but sadly that doesn't seem to play nice with the plugins.

In addition to the Chromecast I also have the following devices available to use if a suggestion requires it: Apple TV (not the most recent one), Amazon Fire TV Stick, PS3, Raspberry Pi 2 Model B.

Many thanks in advance if anybody can suggest a solution!

Thanks Tjod,

Are the Recording Service and [removed, violating forum rule §13] plugin compatible now? Last time I tried it was no use, and I require the [removed, violating forum rule §13] plugin in order to actually use the program in the first place.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combi­nation with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common inter­face" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies re­gardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• 4 months later...

just a small question:

how do you cast to Chromecast using DVBViewer controller?...I don't see the "chromecast" sign anywhere...

and don't mention Bubble.. hehe ..:

I have just spend a couple of evenings fighting with BubbleUPnP without any luck. Android find the Bubble server, everythings looks fine (just like if I use UPnP directly on my TV) the only difference is if I stream directly to the TV I can watch TV... if I use Bubble via Chromecast I can see a rotating thing in the middle of the screen, which to some degree can be interesting ... :) and then after aprox. 2 min a black screen with the txt: Bubble UPnP Server.. and that don't tell me what is wrong, ..to be frank,..,

ANYWAY.. I was looking for an easy way to cast live TV to Chromecast, just as easy as using Plex forexample . it just works .. amazing:)

It is not possible directly. The DVBViewer controller forwards the video playback to a video player e.g. VLC for Android. So if there is a video player with Chromecast support it could be possible in this way.

I tried with mxplayer, works sometimes but extremly bad quailty. I tried to solve that with newest ffmpeg, but that didn't change anything. Channel change is somthing you have to plan in advance otherwise the program is over when it happens.. :)...

but still the distorted picture quality is the worst. see attached picture

post-27669-0-03591900-1470924885_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I would love to be able to cast from the Android DVBViewer Controller to my chromecast device.

I can play live TV on my android phone OK in SD but get similar picture distortion to krasno when playing an HD channel. I am using VLC to view.

My main interest is to cast the output to chromecast. VLC (3.0.0 nightly) on my PC seems to work with limited success. Also I can cast from the PC using the the recording service web interface facility "play in browser" and then cast the tab to my chromecast. However, this does not play full screen on the TV.

So, please can we have a chromecast facility in the Android DVBViewer Controller. This would solve problem and make it perfect not just super!!!

Who is the developer?