☆★ confuse detailed OSD epg

Delphi

The unicode characters ☆ and ★ seems to confuse the OSD detailed epg. They display well anywhere else: Recording Service web interface, channels epg and even the windowed epg, so I think my epg.dat is OK.

The epg comes from an external source (Xepg). There are 2 versions of the detailed epg:

post-21674-0-94600700-1458930327_thumb.jpg

Here I (most of the time) can use arrow keys to scroll.

post-21674-0-03030700-1458930347_thumb.jpg

Here the epg is messed up and arrow keys don't work.

post-21674-0-97255700-1458930363_thumb.jpg

Here it works. It looks quite cool I think, so a fix will be appreciated.

The problem can be reproduced by replacing your epg.dat (from Recording Service) and your channels.dat with mine:

The files.zip contains support.zip as well

In earlier versions of DVBViewer the stars sometimes did display, but the other problems were the same.

TIA

Edited by Delphi

Thanks, it has nothing to do with the DVBViewer and the utf8 handling, as far as i can see. If i use the old default skin, the stars (inside the event text) are shown properly. I suppose it is the font i use for the new default osd. I will check this tomorrow.

Christian

Not really necessary. Frankly i have no idea why this happens and what the origin of the issue is. The Text is handled properly, but if the font size is smaller than a certain amount you won't see the line with these special characters. You can fix this for envy if you open the font.xml (in the default skin folder) and replace the font22 height from 22 to 23.

<font>

<name>font22</name>
<filename>Segoe UI Light</filename>
<height>23</height>
<style>0</style>
</font>
If there are other pages with similar issues, check the font of the element and change its size. For example 19 does not work, 18 works. 17, 16 does not work, 15 does... My guess is that it has something to do with the DPI but well i don't think we can do anything more than adjusting the font size for the problematic skin.
Christian

Indeed, changing the font size makes the star characters display.

The detailed OSD epg with the Close button seems to work fine.

However, in the the one with the Back button I still can't scroll using arrow keys.

I have tried the old black OSD skin. Here scroll problems as well.

NEW INFORMATION: I have a pc which I seldom use. Here DVBViewer 5.3.2.0 was installed. Everything works fine on that!

Well, I did actually wonder why none of my users had complained about this so far.

I recently changed XMLTV provider. The new one supported this star-rating.