DVBViewer 5.6.1 and SkyStar 2 on Win 8.1, 64bit - problems

operator2016

Hello everybody,

I have some probems using DVBViewer and a SkyStar2 Card on Windows 8.1, 64bit.

The Story:

My brother had an old PC, AMD3000+ which we upgraded to Win 8.1 a year ago.

Back then, we had already trouble with the skystar. On each boot, the cards stays deactivated in the system manager.

After googling a lot, I came up with the solution, with a tool named "devmanview", which was able to restart the card after the system boot. Then, the card and DVBViewer (TE-Edition which was shipped with the card) worked.

So, now we updated the whole system, its now an AMD 3.1ghz dual core system with an inbuilt amd graphics card.

This time I used the latest drivers from the skystar2 supportpage. Card now stays working in the system (this times shows up as a picture device, not as an networkcard as on the old system).

But now, we have the problem, that the DVBViewer software (also 5.1., 5.5.2, 5.6.1, TE-Edition, GE-Version 3.6.2) only works ONCE after we reboot the system. Picture and audio are good the first time we start the software after reboot.

If we close the DVBViewer and restart it, there is no audio and the picture is totally distortet. No matter what combination of LAV-Filters or Windows-DVT-Settings I try to use.

If I restart the software over and over again, once from ten or more tries, the picture and audio is ok again, then again if I close the tool and re-run ist, the audio is gone and the picture crappy.

Please, guys, what can I do.

Sorry for bad english, I am no native speaker.

Cheers

Edited by operator2016