DVB-S2 problem on Hotbird 13

quentin666

Hello,

The SSR/SRG (Switzerland) recently swith to DVB-S2 on Hotbird, TP 11526 H (http://www.hd-switch.ch, http://en.kingofsat.fr/tp.php?tp=1460). I've upgraded to the latest version of DVBViewer at the same time, to get the transponders updated. The scan worked, I got my channels updated, I can swith to a channel (I only need radio channels here), it works.

But after a certain time, when I want to tune a channel on this TP, nothing works. To get it back, I have to tune to another satellite then get back on it.

My DVB-S2 card is a Tevii S471.

Thanks

It's strange because it was working for years until it switch to DVBS2. Could you look at the attachment file? this is the result of the automatic scan, is there something wrong?

post-148253-0-59471700-1460804333_thumb.png

Edited by quentin666

Yes. I've done more tests : I've switched to another channel (on Astra 28, Pos A/Opt B ) then get back, and this time it doesn't work : the signal is good but there is nothing.

DVBViewer is connected throught RTSP (Recording Service). But before that it worked without any issue...

post-148253-0-31099800-1460813895_thumb.png

I can reproduce the issue every time I switch from BBC 6 Music (see attachement) to Couleur3 (see previous attachement, post #3). In this case Couleur3 won't work.

post-148253-0-97136100-1460814977_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

It seems it's a DVB-S2 on my LNB, I can't scan the DVB-S2 transponders anymore. It's a 12 years old LNB, do you think it is too old to work with DVB-S2 ?

For the LNB there is no difference between DVB-S and DVB-S2. Not even for the tuner. The demodulator (which is the next processing step after the tuner) in the receiver / DVB device has to handle it.

..though the age of an lnb can play a role. You have problems in the lower band? The local oscillator could have gone away from its nominal value which for an universl lnb is 9750MHZ. Change the frequency of the Suisse transponder in small steps (1-2MHz ->apply) and then switch from 28E, 10788V to 13E, 1152xH.

• 3 weeks later...