problem with 200% system font

madsilence

Hi all.

I have just connected my PC to a not a very huge 43" TV. Watching distance is around 3 meters so I feel more comfort browsing thru folders, desktop and web via PC with a custom system font size of 200%. My windows 7 and most of installed software working ok displaying a 200% font inside of it's process window. But DVBViewer doesn't, when system font is changed to 200% DVBViewer shows every letter inside it's window with 100% font. Also OSD is running with 100% font. Only if system font is 125% (as THIS link says http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/49220-49611-toolbar-and-timeline-font-size/) DVBViewer inherits it. But as for me 125% is to small and seems strange on middle-sized TV (while on 23" monitor I'm succesfully using 100% font with no font size complain).

Any suggestion/workaroun how to make DVBViewer show it's window content with 200% system font?

Edited by madsilence

Are you using the current DVBViewer version?

(I would assume you are using a version older then DVBViewer 5.4.1)

The OSD scales with the Window size. If the font there is to small you need to select a different OSD skin.

Tjod

I'm using 5.3.1 version (licensed of course), I stopped myself on this version because have no interest in IPTV at all. But I'm downloading regulary each stable version from member zone and put them all into my local folder.

The problem is not only with OSD. When I start DVBViewer in ALL the menu items (TV/Radio, Favourites, Playback, View, Settings, Plugins, Help and all their internal submenus) strange font (100% IMHO) is displayed. I have made some screenshots for you

3046f2664104t.jpg

The correct displayed fonts are yellow marked, the incorrect ones are in red, take a look. Please pay special attention at the bottom of DVBViewer window - status bar font, its very strange and definitely uninheritated. And all menues as well.

The other programs (IE, Mozilla, Notepad, Paint, Calc, VLC) show all correct fonts, like this :

28e4b59294dft.jpg

I don't know where to find my mistake.

Any suggestions about it?

Edited by madsilence

Before reporting problems you should install the current version.

The current DVBViewer Pro is DPI aware. And will change it's font since according to the windows settings (except for the OSD).

Before reporting problems you should install the current version.

The current DVBViewer Pro is DPI aware. And will change it's font since according to the windows settings (except for the OSD).

Could you mention to me the EXACT version from which implementation of "DPI aware" started???

I've just installed the last, 5.6.2.0 version, problem with window fonts disappeared. I've installed 5.6.2.0 directly onto old 5.3.1.0, without uninstalling the old one. But the buttons just below the menu (red marked) seems like strange, like in all older versions. Seems that these buttons are not scaling at all up to 200% and stay at 100%. They are like "not sharp", just to explain. Take look at the screenshot :

4ad1275a4d9ct.jpg

Another small issue, Very small. It's when DVBViewer (5.6.2.0) starts and shows logo. See the presence of unscaled font in logo (red marked)? Not important but just to get clear on this font thing.

dcdc970584b0t.jpg

Edited by madsilence

There is another problem, the icon pixelated DVBViewer Pro 200%.

Totally agree, I haven't noticed it. Another very small inconvenient. Especially comparing it to the VLC icon.

Edited by madsilence