Increasing number of errors

Hi

I've been using DVBViewer for quite some time now. Until about a year ago, it worked very good.

But then I started getting errors like:

20:20:24 / 00:00:22 (~ 25,61 MB) Errors: 3
20:20:31 / 00:00:28 (~ 32,62 MB) Errors: 5
20:20:55 / 00:00:52 (~ 60,86 MB) Errors: 3
in the log-file. Not very important, as it was only 20-50 error pr hour. But the number of errors have been constantly increasing, and now it is 700-800 errors pr hour.
The very big problem now, is that the program I use to cut the recording clean, ie. the first 10 minutes and the last 30 minutes, giving a file with exactly the size of the recording, cannot be used with such a large number of errors. Also, I can see, that even if it does work, a lot of small parts of the recording (both sound and frames) are missing.
I have tried to record on two different computers, with two different kind of hardware (an inbuilt Cynergy-card and an HDHomeRun) but the errors are still there. I have had a visit by a technician from my cable-TV provider, and he checked every single part from outside the building to the computer or HDHomeRun, and found no cable or connection problems.
So, if the TV-signal is OK (and my "normal" TV plays absolutely fine) and I have the same errors on two different computers with two different tuners, I think it can only be the software.
I have surfed here and there to see if other have had the problems, but so far with no luck.
I hope someone in this forum can help me, as it probably just is a configuration problem?
Or if anyone have seen a solution anywhere, please let me know
I have attached a logfile with all the errors from one recording
Thank you in advance :-)

2016-04-23_22-30-01_DR 1_Lewis - Krimiserie. Fem år efter kriminalkommissær Morses.log

• 2 weeks later...

I have similar problem (RS 1.31.0):

Device: TERRATEC T5 Rev.2 Tuner 1 (7)
EventID: 5354

19:45:02 / 0:00:00 (~ 0,00 MB) Start Recording
19:45:04 / 0:00:01 (~ 0,05 MB) Errors: 146
19:45:04 / 0:00:01 (~ 0,05 MB) PID 1217: MPEG2 Video, 16:9, 704x576, 25 fps
19:45:04 / 0:00:01 (~ 0,05 MB) PID 1218: MPEG Audio J. Stereo, 48 khz, 128 kbps
19:45:05 / 0:00:02 (~ 0,16 MB) Errors: 354
19:45:05 / 0:00:03 (~ 0,16 MB) Vlčí síla running | EventID: 5360 PDC: 0x00000
19:45:06 / 0:00:03 (~ 0,28 MB) Errors: 304
19:45:07 / 0:00:04 (~ 0,43 MB) Errors: 449
19:45:08 / 0:00:05 (~ 0,52 MB) Errors: 254
19:45:09 / 0:00:06 (~ 0,68 MB) Errors: 331
19:45:10 / 0:00:07 (~ 0,83 MB) Errors: 355
19:45:11 / 0:00:08 (~ 0,97 MB) Errors: 432

Cables and tuner are ok. When I run DVBViewer and do rebuild graph then next recording is ok.

Thank you very much for the reply :-)

Could you explain "rebuild graph"? I would like to try

Regards

Run "DVBViewer Pro" application then enable in Settings->Hardware one problematic tuner (all other disable, problematic tuner must be used for playback), then tune problematic channel. Then from menu Playback select "Rebuild graph" (on the bottom of menu).

Edited by jirim100
  • 3 weeks later...

In most cases these errors come with bad signal or bad drivers for the tuner.

Edited by mch

Hello,

"Rebuild graph" builds the graph new, which is used to show the signal on the screen. But DVBViewer saves the signal like it is received without processing. Rebuilding the graph could only have side effects.

Closing the Graph could reduce the work the processor has to do or reduce the memory used. The screen remains black until you select a channel again. It is like a more effective graph rebuilding

Sometimes restarting the hardware (Stick or USB-Box) could help. Some tools which come with the hardware provide a possibility to do this with intern hardware.

Many greetings

Webturtle

In most cases these errors come with bad signal or bad drivers for the tuner.

Hi

Thank you very much for your answer, but as I wrote, I had a Technician from my signal-provider to check it all the way through. I watched it myself, and he was right when he said, that everything was ok. The picture on any TV we tried, was ALSO perfect. As I also wrote, I use two completely different tuners,and both with the newest drivers.

Run "DVBViewer Pro" application then enable in Settings->Hardware one problematic tuner (all other disable, problematic tuner must be used for playback), then tune problematic channel. Then from menu Playback select "Rebuild graph" (on the bottom of menu).

Thank you very much for the help :-) but unfortunatlely, it did not help (see post m Webturtle). I really hope someonecan help.

Hello,

"Rebuild graph" builds the graph new, which is used to show the signal on the screen. But DVBViewer saves the signal like it is received without processing. Rebuilding the graph could only have side effects.

Sometimes restarting the hardware (Stick or USB-Box) could help. Some tools which come with the hardware provide a possibility to do this with intern hardware.

I am using for recording Recording service (not DVBViewer !) and 4 kinds of devices. I am recording every week about 70 recordings for 3 - 4 years. I have special program which using devcon.exe for restarting all devices after every wake up of PC.

And I have special program which watch Recording service whether all recordings are recorded ok. Sometimes (approximately once per 2 weeks) when recording start (regardless of the used tuner) then in recording are many errors OR no data arrived (in this case recording is restarted every 1 minute). I these two cases (many erros or no data arrived) my special program disable this problematic recoding/timer, run DVBViewer (parametr is channel used in timer) and after one minute run DVBViewer again with command for rebuilding graph. After 3 minutes my program closes DVBViewer and enable back problematic timer in Recording service and recording is without errors and is no more restarted (data successfully arrive)! I don't know how rebuilding graph in DVBViewer can affect Recording service but it's working! Ha, ha, ha.

Hello Jirim

Like you, I also use Recording Service :-)

But I am not sure I understand your answer. I'm not familiar with the devcon-program, but I can learn.

What do you mean "run DVBViewer (parametr is channel used in timer)" and how? and

how do you "run DVBViewer again with command for rebuilding graph"?

and if your "special program" can help, can I have a copy of it?

I am doubtfull if your solution works in this case, because:

I use two different pieces of hardware, an internal card (Cinergy) in one PC, and a HDHomeRun external tuner on another PC, but both with errors

I use same version of the software (Recording Service) on both PC's

I had a technician from the signal supplyer to check my entire system, and I could see on his instruments, that signal was perfect (and also pictures on the TV's)

When I started using DVBViewer, I made recording after recording with no errors (or maybe 5-10 errors)

About a year ago, I started having more and more errors, typically 100-200 pr hour.

Today, I have more than 500 erros pr hour, meaning, that when I try to "cut it clean", that is, make a copy only containing the program, more and more frames and sound is cut off, and in worst case, it is not even possible to cut it clean, the program I use (VideoRedo) simply crashes.

Hope to hear from you.

Hm, then my program don't help you because my problem happens once a 100 recordings (all other recordings are prefectly clean without errors) but you have errors in every recordings (as I understand you).

Maybe you have different problem. When I start using Recording service before 3 years I set in control panels of my Windows 7 64bit (I don't know the exact name of this option) "Preferring run services before run application" (search on the Internet) and I disable antivirus (even firewall) and all devices (in Device manager) which I don't use and even I disable some services which are not important for me (be carefully with it).

Maybe on you PCs are installed drivers which consume much time in kernel mode and then Recording service lost some data packets from input stream because don't have enough time to receive these all packets from tuner.

Maybe you install a year ago on your PC something what is running on background all the time and consume much time in kernel mode.

Even nowadays if I run on my PC, for example, creating Restore point then appears during this some errors in recording.

Exist program "DPC Latency Checker" (from www.thesycon.de) which show whether on your PC all drivers consume only little time in kernel mode and whether your PC is able to handle real-time streaming or not. I recommend use it. Unfortunatelly this program don't show which driver causing a problem. Then you can try disable some, for example, devices in Device manager and run this program again.

dpclat.exe.zip

Edited by jirim100

Hi.

Using dpclat to check for latency issues may be a good idea.

I had some issues on my system, and dpclat showed some huge spikes once in a while.

It turned out to be the capture driver for Commview (Network sniffer), that for some reason used a ton of ressources, even when it wasn't used. After uninstalling Commview the latency problems went away.

I would also try to open a MUX (frequency) in transedit and monitor the dropped packets row. At the same time I would set my TV to a channel on the same MUX, and set the TV to show signal information. Most TVs can show signal strength, quality and bit errors.

Each time you se some dropped packets in transedit, keep an eye on the bit error on the TV. If this shows some errors, then there is a problem with the signal.

What kind of splitters are you using, and are you using at least category A cable with F connectors. I have been through a similar thing, and also had a technician out to measure my signal. Unfortunately the errors I had came and went. Sometimes my signal was useless for 20-30 minutes, and then it could be many hours without a single error.

Are you on Yousee or other cable provider?

From the filename in your first post, I guess that you are Danish.

rco133