Hauppauge WinTV SoloHD

AnthonyB

Hi

I have happily used DVBViewer Pro several years with an internal DVB C card, without any problems.

Recently i bought a Hauppauge WinTV SoloHD to run TV on a new computer.

There software doesn't match DVBViewer but DVBViewer recognises the USB stick but will not find any channels.

I can see that there is a solution given on the German board but I do not read German and Google Translate is not good enough.

Can anyone help me please??

AnthonyB

Start the DVBViewer via stat menu > all programs > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode)

and try a channel scan and post a new support.zip

Maybe this shows what is happen.

Your DVB-C tuner requires a special tweak - see here. The next DVBViewer release will handle it automatically. Till then it has to be done by patching the file hardware.xml in the configuration folder while DVBViewer is closed (see Windows Start Menu -> DVBViewer or Help -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer).

Open the file hardware.xml with a text editor (Notepad), add the line

<entry name="SRx1000">1</entry>

to the DVB-C tuner section (the second) and restart DVBViewer. That should do the trick.

Hej

Thank You Tjod and Griga for promt attention.

The solution works.

Funny I didn't find the link here with my board search. Or the solution on the web as I searched a lot before posting.

Usually I can find solutions without bothering anyone.

AnthonyB