direct sound

hauppaugeuser

Is it possible to set sound to work on direct sound of Creative card, so that volume slider in sound device of play control moves up and down, as the volume is changed? It is possible to set sound so in very old Hauppauge software in MhTheatre and Nero media and it makes the sound much better.

Edited by hauppaugeuser
  • 2 weeks later...

there are 4 audio renderers, tryed each of them and none of them moves the play control or wave slider in sound device of driver. In MyTheatre and Nero it works correct.

Edited by hauppaugeuser

here the attachement, setting of audio renderer. The difference is in sound, the software that simulatnously moves audio sliders, like MyThatre and Nero gives better sound.

post-153029-0-74555600-1463005952_thumb.jpg

Sorry but I'm pretty sure DVBViewer use some other, different way to set volume (as also VLC does), i.e. indepedently from windows controls (and for me this is a merit, not a flaw...)

And, IMHO, the "better sound" you ear from other player most likely depends on other hidden but concurrent factor, instead of the mere volume synchronization; maybe you can discover yourself which (in your own peculiar PC) with some DirectX chain analyzer sw...

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy

No idea, but in mytheatre when setting is to sound card, the device volume control is not responsive as in DVBViewer, but when set on soundcard1 then controls respond, and you can specificaly select the control i.e. play control for all volume or wave/mp3 only and it works correct.

when set on soundcard1 then controls respond...

I don't doubt this, simply I vote for independents volume controls and don't think dependency can improve anything; again, there must be some other thing that improve your sound: maybe one DirectX component more or less, or different, or some special function other sw activate and DVBViewer don't...

Checked this, the volume control functions direct to device driver independt of audio decoder or component set. The first option is direct sound then there is no any other options to select, the other option is the sound card #1 then other options in menu open, for the recording and for playback and any of sound sliders in driver can be selected to regulate. It appears like linking to sound bars gives less conversions and therefore a better sound. I.e. even if selected wave/mp3 it gives less good sound then direct link to play control, as a master volume control. Thats likely the reason that Nero links always to play control.

Just to add, the volume control is not independent in option you noted, because it depends on play control as master volume and wave/mp3, i.e. you may set maximum volume in DVBViewer but it will only output up to the limit 1. of wave/mp3 then 2. to limit of play control, so the sound is probably degraded as it goes over 2 other main controls and so is converted.

Edited by hauppaugeuser

I may have been unclear, but obviously a program can't be independent - in the way you state - from main/mp3 volume controls, unless it can directly control one of the two...
To resume: DVBViewer add an it's own volume control that you can manage independently from the two main DirectX controls, and the final volume depends on the setting of all three controls...

But all this doesn't mean it add a [unnecessary] DirectX component or [even] a decoder, it only use the Audio decoder codec you can choose in his setting: have you already tried to change it? This choice can lead to big differences...

As reported in you support.zip for MPEG Audio Codec you have:

MPEG Audio Decoder V6.5.2600.6333: 03680001
NVIDIA Audio Decoder V4020.223.0.0: 00800001
ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD V1.3.3.250 (beta): 00600000
Hauppauge MPEG Layer-1/2 Audio Decoder V5.0.851.0: 004000

considered the actual filters merits, your <system default> audio decoder should be the NVIDIA one (the first seems "out of range")... Please try choosing them one by one, checking they are really used in "Settings / Filter"; moreover, if you click on their name in that window, you can access their settings, maybe you can also set something different there...

(for all this please refer to Options DirectX wiki's page...)

Edited by Gioxy

There is a difference in loudness depending on the audio renderer selected. Why cant you make volume control directly to device driver, so that sound bars move simultanous as volume change in DVBViewer? Its better solution as the other playback device that reduced volume control in that case leave it as maxiumum output, so to set right volume each time has to be opened control panel, volume control and corrected output. Also if direct sound is not selected then as to link description, application should change sound bars in driver setting.

Edited by hauppaugeuser

I'm not involved in DVBViewer programming, I'm a simply enthusiast user, but in over 15 years that I follow this forum I've never read anyone express such an exigency, so don't expect any change...

Moreover I don't think that there was any player that can take over both O.S. main controls, and after all I consider a tamper if an app whould change even only one of the two...

In old wintv software, it was possible like in MyThatre to select which slider you like to change, so you can select play control or any other on your preference so that one change with application.

In that way it seems more actractive, but again, AFAIK you are the first in proposing such a feature that no one has so far missed, therefore all can I suggest (honestly) is to write it down in a new post in the "Suggestions & Ideas" thread and... good luck!

Current DVBViewer versions still work with XP. If the support where dropped, you wounded be able to install or start current DVBViewer versions.

Windows 8.1 = Windows 8 SP1 has a bigger marked share then XP.
And if you divide the figures for XP SP3 and XP without SP2 both will end below below Vista.

And if you run a outdated operating system, you should no expect new features.
You should more expect that only outdated program versions will run on it.

I'm not a developer so I will correct nothing.

And I don't know if Griga or Hackbart will do something on the UPnP support in the foreseeable future.
But if local mp3 playback doesn't work it has nothing to-do with UPnP. It is mostly a codec problem on you system.
(Win 7 or Win 10 + LAV filter would be a solution [;)] for XP you have to look for a different working codecs on you own)

I will not spend my spare time and tray to fix XP problems.

No the problem is that no device on the network is recognized by DVBViewer. The problem of mp3 is a local problem of Panasonic that offers music folder, but is unable to trasfer mp3 over dlna, also it is unable to transfer mpeg2.ts, but only mpeg2.ps. It has a lot of limitations, but the advantage is that hardware device has correct v-sync vs PC so is advantage for video pass to tv set.

After installed wmp 11, the DVBViewer recognize just my pc on upnp, just as a blu ray device and after selecting it nothing. Does it work in demo version?