Cannot record two or more IPTV channels at once

RomanSin

While using DVBViewer with my cable tuner, I can simultaneously record all the channels from the same transponder (frequency and modulation). However, I cannot record several IPTV channels at once since the IP addresses are different. Is it possible to solve this issue?

You need to add additional IPTV devices.

But you need to check how much parallel streams are possible from your provider (some have a limit of 1 or 2) and what is possible from you bandwidth.

And select the number of IPTV devices according to this. More devices then streams possible can lead to failed recordings.

And there is no other solution? For example, if I want to record the national minute of silence on May 9th from ten channels (the provider doesn't limit the number of parallel streams and there is a 1000M channel non-limited for internal provider services which is IPTV in my case), I have to create ten IPTV devices? What about the number of groups which is limited to 8?

A year ago I solved this issue by another software (SimpleTV) but it does not support teletext/DVB subtitles and is not so convenient as DVBViewer…

Edited by RomanSin

What is the problem with adding multiple IPTV Network Devices in the DVBViewer (Options > Hardware)?

You only need to add the devices once (and try if you have sufficient bandwidth for 10 parallel recordings).

Treat the number of devices like a setting for how many streams are possible, on you PC.

Once more, I successfully recorded ten or even more parallel IPTV channels (my provider receives this set of channels just in the national television centre and broadcasts them free of charge) many times (e.g. at New Year presidential address on December 31), but by the other software.

The problem is that, if the number of DVBViewer groups (which are: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H — so, eight) is less than the number of channels to be recorded, you should associate only one channel with each new IPTV device adding all such devices to the same group. Anyway, it is not too convenient. As a proposal for the next versions, there should be a possibility to record a number of parallel IPTV streams as simple as it could be done with hardware tuners. The maximum number of possible parallel IPTV streams should be set in Settings.

Edited by RomanSin

You don't need the channel groups at all. All channels should be group A and all devices should have all groups enabled.

They are only necessary in very special constellations.

(You only would need the groups if you where using two IPTV subscriptions with different providers. Connected to the PC via different network interfaces. In this case you would need two groups)

For DVB-T2 the only case would be two different pay-TV subscriptions. With different channels. But all not encryptet channels should still be in group A. And group A should be activated for both cards.

For DVB-C maybe if you have contracts with two providers. And two independent cable TV lines in you house.

You don't need them to distinguish DVB-T2 from DVB-C or DVB-T2 from DVB-T (there is the DVB-T2 setting) or encrypted and not encrypted channel (remove the "has CI" check mark from TV card without CAM).

You should never have a channel from one reception type twice in the channel list, only distinguished by the channel group. This can cause problems with recordings (the second entry will never be used for recordings or favourites).