DVBViewer Pro 5.6.2 installation issue on Windows 10

Spuqui

The problem: When I try to run the installer, my explorer window will get stuck with the mouse showing that something is being worked on, but the installation never starts.

My current workaround: using the GE version, as it's download is a packed file, not an installer, and I could unpack it and run it, but I don't like the fact that it does not have an option to select in which timezone I am located, and shows EPG time as if I was in GMT 0, which is 3 hours shifted from my actual time.

My expectation: support folks could provide in the members area an option to either download a packed version of the latest stable version, or to download previous versions of the DVBViewer Pro installer.

An extra detail: in the members area, it says that the size of the installer of DVBViewer Pro version 5.6.2 is 5299 KBytes when the size of the file I actually downloaded from there (and is not working) is 7519 KBytes. Is it just a simple mistake of not updating the page with the actual file size or am I downloading a tempered version of the installer (which would explain it not working)?

Waiting for news from support folks...

The problem: When I try to run the installer, my explorer window will get stuck with the mouse showing that something is being worked on, but the installation never starts.

Please check if your security software (whatever it is) does not allow the installer to run properly. Try to switch it off temporarily.

but I don't like the fact that it does not have an option to select in which timezone I am located

It uses the timezone that is configured in Windows, so please check it.

• Like 1

Please check if your security software (whatever it is) does not allow the installer to run properly. Try to switch it off temporarily.

It uses the timezone that is configured in Windows, so please check it.

Great reminder! I forgot to try disabling the antivirus and it was the guilty one. After disabling it, the installer worked properly.

The timezone in Windows is set accordingly, and the time is automatically get and is correct, so the issue with a wrong time in the EPG of the GE version is still there, but now that I was able to install the Pro edition, EPG is working just fine after I set the GMT to 0, as here the EPG is broadcasted in the wrong timezone, and that is the main issue with it not working in the GE version, as there is no way to manually set the timezone to be used in the EPG.

Thanks for the comments, folks. Now I am all setup here. :thumbsup: