Sat>IP Viewer for iOS/Android (Mobile/Tablet/TV)

Hi Hackbart,

Great piece of software! I hope it will be better than the SD only Elgato SAT>IP client.

Any news about the Android version?

Mine has 4.4.2, i did not tested older devices. According to http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Android_Devices_Supported_for_Application_Development it should run. You need a ARM NEON chipset which is most likely in 95% of all Android devices.

By the way i've uploaded a new build on IOS. It comes with UPNP/DLNA playback and has an overall performance speed up and partially more sharp icons. I really hope this time apple would not take that much time for testing and rejecting, like in the past :wub:

After this i will complete the Android build (which is technically the same like the iOS one and also feature complete).

I'm not good in creating videos, but this one shows the latest build: https://youtu.be/kfQVTrhbfEI

Christian

• Like 1

Bei mir funktionieren die verschlüsselten sky Kanäle nicht. Als Gerät habe ich in der app das recording Service eingestellt. Ansonsten (DVBViewer, upnp über zB nPlayer) funktioniert sky. Das sat>ip Gerät ist eine octopus net. Muss ich auch den RSTweaker.bat durchführen?.

LG Albert

Mine has 4.4.2, i did not tested older devices. According to http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Android_Devices_Supported_for_Application_Development it should run. You need a ARM NEON chipset which is most likely in 95% of all Android devices.

After this i will complete the Android build (which is technically the same like the iOS one and also feature complete).

Christian

Great! I hope you can publish (the Android version) soon.

Any option for publish a "beta" in the "members area"?

Stoppe den RS, starte RSTweaker.bat, aktiviere im Tweaker "Verschlüsselten Sender anhand PIDs suchen (RTSP)" und lies dir die Beschreibung dazu durch. Könnte eventuell weiterhelfen...

Danke, das hat mir geholfen. :-)

There is no need for a beta, since the 6 months of work and the usage of existing DVBViewer classes produces quite stable code. There are a bunch of smaller issues, i fixed with the current iOS release. I rejected the built from yesterday and reuploaded a new version. Now CI support should work fine if the source is the Recording Service. I hope the review will be quite soon.

Apple is still in review process, since they can not test the SAT>IP functionality and i can not provide a test access. I tried (again) to explain them how everything works, in the hope that tomorrow the release will be available. I also integrated our proprietary tnr parameter for the Recordingservice. So if the Service is detected as server you should be able to use your CI.

Danke noch einmal für dieses app. Zusammen mit dem DVBViewer, rs und dem iOS-app von Markus habt Ihr ein lässiges bundle zum Fernsehen geschaffen. Ein bisschen Sorgen mache ich mir um Markus ....

LG Albert

Since today the new version is out for iOS, so i continued finishing the Android build. I still have problems while playing H264 1080 streams with the Hardware acceleration - not sure if it is a problem with my old phablet or a general one. Got to check that out till the release...

• Like 1

it would be great if the android version could focus on android tv environment to bind sat>ip channels to android tv input framework :)

Edited by homer314

I've published the first Android build. I don't expect bigger problems, even if according to google the amount of supported devices is 11148. This is quite a lot, compared with iOS.

• Like 1

Hello, good you're making progress on the Android build.

Few issuess though:

1) If I use the settings -deinterlace on - hardware acc off, the image freezes to 1 frame or stays black. When rotating the picture hangs in 1/4 of the screen

2) If I use the settings -deinterlace on - hardware acc on, everything pays smoothly, except the deinterlacing doesn't work. The picture still is interlaced.

3) TT button does not work for page 888 subtitles on 2 FTA channels I tested.

4) When clicking a program to see the EPG information, only a part of the text is displayed. The other part seems to be displayed upside down.

5) There is a translation error when confirming the use of the RS. A windows is proposed with Ja/Nein instead of Yes/No.

I have included some screenshots.

My phone: Sony Experia Z1 Compact Android 5.1.1 Stock Rom.

post-84568-0-48721100-1467829677_thumb.png

post-84568-0-50893400-1467829684_thumb.png

post-84568-0-08080700-1467829943_thumb.png

Edited by bccrew

Well hardware acceleration off means that for H264 the decoding is done in software. Thats normal with the size, since the decoding thread eats up 99% of the complete device. Always use the hardware acceleration. The deinterlacer we use is w3fdif=filter=simple:deint=interlaced.

The Teletext button opens the Teletext page. If you want to open a certain page, click on the upper third of the teletext display and you can input the page you want. The EPG Info should not look like this, which is most likely a bug.

I will post the current translation items tomorrow in a separate thread. What do you mean with the use of the RS? Clicking on the timer list?

Christian

PS: I fixed the issue with the Event. There was a word-wrap which lets say should not be there.

Nice, with RS I mean Recording Service. Please see the screenshot of Ja/Nein. That's the window.

Any reason why the deinterlacing would not work with hardware acc on? For me it isn't...

The TT button is responding to touch because when I touch it, the edges of the button blur a bit. Unlike the CC icon which is white, the TT icon is rather grey (does this mean no TT stream is detected?) When I touch the button, nothing happens at the moment.The TT page 888 is working on this channel in DVBViewer client.

I have recorded a bit of footage for this FTA channel on cable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48828456/2016-07-06_21-06-59_%C3%A9%C3%A9n%20HD%20%28dut%29_UEFA%20Euro%202016%20%201%202%20finale%20-%20EK-programma%20vanuit%20de%20zomerbar%20onder%20de%20VRT-toren.ts

Hi,

I have two issues with the Android app I've purchased:

With my tablet Sony Xperia Tablet S (Android 4.1.2, Tegra 3 chipset) the app could be installed. But when I start it after the splash screen the app immediately crashes but without any error message.

With my Motorola Moto G 1st edition (Android 6.0.1) I can watch SD channels but with a lot of artefacts and sound problems. It makes no difference if I choose force acceleration or not. HD channels are of course even worse. I use a GSS.box DSI 400 as SAT>IP server and have no issues with DVBViewer Pro watching SD and HD channels with no artefacts or disruptive sound. DVBViewer Pro shows a quality of 77%.

Also the WLAN connection is stable. I have no issues to watch YouTube in HD quality on both devices.

Regards

Florian

I have installed the App on 2 devices:

Xiaomi Redmi 2: App starts without problems and is working fine

Asus Memo Pad FHD 10 with Android 4.3: App will not start at all. Each time I immediately get an error message ("SAT>IP Viewer wurde beendet")

Is the problem on my Memo Pad related to the CPU used?

It is running an Intel Atom Z2560.

If yes, will there be a version for Intel CPUs as well in future?

Rainer

Edited by mcray

The app needs an ARM processor. I will publish a intel version as soon as Embarcadero offers a intel compiler for Android.

Actually i wonder how you got it installed :)

@flotux: I do not buffer that much of the stream. Artifacts at the start are on most tablets resp. phones normal since the decoder needs some time to figure out what content is sent and it drops a couple of packets in this time. It usually should not appear while playback. Anyhow make sure that the WLAN connection is fine, you might check the signal status (you find this in the main menu). Acceleration is only supported for H264, SD channels usually use Mpeg2 compression which is decoded in software. You might also check (if you use the Recordingservice) to play the stream via UPNP. If there are also artifacts it is most likely a reception issue, if not i might have to reconsider to increase the buffer.

Christian

What I am doing wrong?... While on RecordingService 1.32 everything was working as expected, I can't retrieve my channel list from the RecordingService after I have updated to version 1.33.1 today.

I have reinstalled the app then selected settings/device/ get /rstpchannels.m3u, all I got is just one tv station. Before I got 1300+ stations with the same approach on version 1.32 (all working). I also tried already the RStweaker.bat, but with no success. Any hints are appreciated.

update:

I was able to find the solution myself. It was required to untick "Password also for LAN/WLAN" in the web-settings of the RecordingService. After that the RS gave me the full channel list again.

Hi Hackbart,

This App has the option for configuring manually the SAT>IP server?

I like to show on it the same options as the desktop DVBViewer version: IP address, RTSP port, RTP port range, UDP/TCP transport, etc.

Please, can you put more details about this?

Thank you!

This App has the option for configuring manually the SAT>IP server?

No, it auto-detects the server, as a client should do by the Sat>IP specification. I think you can select then from the detected servers. But I'm not sure. I have only one server currently in the network.

I like to show on it the same options as the desktop DVBViewer version: IP address, RTSP port, RTP port range, UDP/TCP transport, etc.

This is not a mobile version of the DVBViewer. It is in most parts a independent program.

And it is largely the same version for iOS and Android.

And at least iOS Apps should only have options if it is really necessary.

So don't expect a lot of configuration options.

I paid some € for an app that does not work on my tablet and only limited (no HD channels) on my smartphone. So some support from the developer would not be necessarily a disadvantage. ;-)

No, it auto-detects the server, as a client should do by the Sat>IP specification. I think you can select then from the detected servers. But I'm not sure. I have only one server currently in the network.

This is not a mobile version of the DVBViewer. It is in most parts a independent program.

And it is largely the same version for iOS and Android.

And at least iOS Apps should only have options if it is really necessary.

So don't expect a lot of configuration options.

Hi Tjod,
Thank you for the response!
However, if it doesn't contains any configuration option, then it is completly useless for me! It's just another SAT>IP client App, with no difference at all with the rest.
I can't imagine why the authors of the good DVBViewer don't include this simple option of "manual SAT>IP server" with "RTSP port and Client port range"... It's more simple than implementing the full SSDP discovery. This "manual" option isn't intrusive for non technicall users, but very usefull for advanced users.
Personally, I hate any software that treats its users as newbies!
Sorry if this sounds rude, it'snot my intention.
I really appreciate this good software, and I hope Hackbart likes to listen to users...
Regards!
Edited by userip
  • Like 1

Good news, i was able to verify glitches on HD streams inside the Android version. The reason (at least here) was that the WLAN reception is not the best and the RTP packets are unsorted.

The cool thing is that the app runs perfectly on a Amazon Fire tablet. HD and SD are playing surprisingly nice. The only disadvantage is that the display resolution with its 1024x600 is not really sharp. I even had to change the tablet detection code inside the app in order to force the phone mode if a tablet has a resolution below 1280x800 pixels.

IMG_1309.jpg

Christian

PS: I will test the app tomorrow and upload an update on monday.

• Like 1

Today i added a Scrollbar for the lists. This does not sound that big, but it is very handy while browsing through the stations. I also think about subsections (with headers) but this will require some tests. I still have no idea how to solve this more comfortable, at least if you have iptv, internet radio and two satellite positions in the list. In this case you easily have about 4k entries and without using the filter function the handling becomes annoying. Surprisingly nobody complained about this yet :)

Christian

PS: I'm still impressed of the Amazon Fire (https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00ZDWLEEG/ref=gw_tabl_210790927_1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=desktop-hero-kindle-A&pf_rd_r=72K5Y4242BQ603CHYG21&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_p=807a829a-edf9-4c9f-8894-5cb0010000d2&pf_rd_i=desktop). The display is lousy, but the performance is awesome.

I've published an Update vor Android. IOS will follow this week.

Version 1.1.0 (Build 2)

-added 50 new tv station logos
-fixed RTP package out of sync issue
-fixed problem with playlist import
-added ability to add logos for iptv streams
-small performance improvements
-fixed translation issues
-fixed garbage text under epg details
I would be glad if you could also add some positive feedback.
While reading the comments in the play store i should explain a few things. SD stations are mostly transmitted in Mpeg2. This is a format which is not supported by hardware decoders. This means that the application has to decode the stream in software. Even if this can be done by older phones without a problem, you have to keep in mind that the CPU uses a lot of energy to do so. So don't complain that the app is a battery eater.
Crashs are not caused by the app, but can appear under circumstances like bad reception. Even my 59 Euro Amazon Fire deals absolutely fine with the HD and SD streams inside the app.

New version still causes artefacts when watching HD channels on my Motorola Moto G 1st edition. SD channels are mostly fine. My WLAN connection shows a perfect signal.

Hmm, if you have a DVBViewer as Sat>IP server, can you check what happens if you open the stream in the DLNA mode?

I probably will publish (yet) a new version on Friday (also for iOS and the Amazon Store). Today i fixed a bug on marshmallow which caused an exception at the end (if you use the close app menu item).

Under https://youtu.be/J6WsO6iJUYc you will find a sample how it works on a amazon fire device.

Christian

PS: As you can see holding a smartphone for recording and clicking with the left hand (as right hand person) is tricky, but possible :wub:

I've tested the app with DVBViewer Recording Service and UPNP/DLNA mode but that makes no difference. There are still artefacts with HD channels. The WLAN is working perfectly and I also have no issues with DVBViewer and my SAT>IP Server GSS.

You enabled HD accelleration? The decoding is done by ffmpeg and in case of DLNA also the buffering und parsing. In SAT>IP mode only decoding is done by ffmpeg.

DVB-C is supported, like -T and -S. You should see the capabilities of the used server under Settings->Device. You have to enable the "find additional transponders" switch. In this case the NIT table is parsed, which can take longer. It should not freeze, since the scanner runs outside the ui thread. By the way, the scanner is the same like in the DVBViewer.

If you have a transponder file, i can add it into the list :) Found your list, will be added in the next version.

Okay i thought i found your list, but somehow there is no download on the mentioned website.

Christian

If you have a transponder file, i can add it into the list :) Found your list, will be added in the next version.

Okay i thought i found your list, but somehow there is no download on the mentioned website.

THX for supporting this.

I have created a transponder list for MDCC via TransEdit/blind scan:

MDCC 31.07.16.ini

erwin