Sat>IP Viewer for iOS/Android (Mobile/Tablet/TV)

Kodi funktioniert aber nur gut mit dem Recordingservice. Manchmal hat man aber den Server nicht an :)

Der SAT>IP Viewer ist nur für Touchgeräte ausgelegt. Eine Steuerung mit einer Fernbedienung funktioniert nicht wirklich gut, deswegen habe ich den auch nicht freigegeben. Ich plane eine STB Version, die auch zeitgleich für OSX erscheinen soll. Ich hatte vor Jahren damit mal angefangen, aber da ich für den SAT>IP Viewer das Backend neu geschrieben habe, ist es leichter das als Basis zu nehmen und das Frontend neu zu entwickeln. 1/3 davon sind schon fertig, der Feinschliff dauert aber sicher noch bis Winter des Jahres.

Ich plane eine STB Version, die auch zeitgleich für OSX erscheinen soll.

Eine STB-Version wäre echt ein Traum! Auf was für einer STB soll die Version dann laufen? Wenn möglich möchte mir die Hardware schon mal anschaffen!

Hello together,

installed the app on a Lenovo Yoga 8 Tablet (Android 4.2.2) and connected it via WIFI-bridge easily to my installed server Kathrein EXIP414. So far my Panasonic TV received flawlessy SD/HD via LAN from this server. However on the tablet the SD signal is perfect (taking ~5 seconds until picture appears), but HD I receive black screens only.

Any idea on how to find the problem here?

Thanks,

einnarr

Edited by einnarr

Eine STB-Version wäre echt ein Traum! Auf was für einer STB soll die Version dann laufen? Wenn möglich möchte mir die Hardware schon mal anschaffen!

Das OSD ist das gleiche, wie von der OEM Version. Das Backend ist das von dem Sat>IP Viewer der schon veröffentlicht wurde. Die komplette Darstellung erfolgt in OpenGL ES. Das ist eine Untermenge von OpenGL und funktioniert auf Mobilen und Desktop Geräten. Ich gehe mal davon aus, dass auch ein einfacher TV Stick mit Android ausreicht.

Tuning is quite slow. This is not caused by the application, but by the ffmpeg library we are using. I'm not sure, but as far as i remember you need Android 4.4.4 if you want to use hardware acceleration via MediaCodec API. You can disable this in the options, but be aware that it probably decodes extremely slow.

If you have a digital device, or a recording service as server then yes.

Unfortunately Android 4.1.2

According to Embarcadero: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Berlin/en/Android_Devices_Supported_for_Application_Development

it should run from Ice Cream Sandwich up to Marshmallow. I did not found specs since which version mediacodec can be used for hardware decoding. At least it should run in software mode.

I also got some feedback from a user who uses a chinese android stick were the temporary folder is not existing, so i had to fix this issue. Anyhow crashing should not appear on start up (except you use a intel or armv6 chip).

Ahh good news, i was able to decrease the tuning time to less than a second for DVB. Gotta need further tests, but it seem to work fine.

New Android build will be available in a few hours (also in the Amazon store).

-added cable list for Magdeburg

-improved tuning performance
-added channel switch by swiping left/right in the video
-fixed crash while saving the channel logo on certain devices
I also published the iOS update, which will be probably available on sunday.

Hello there,

Just a quick update from my side:

- quicker tuning from last update confirmed

My tablet is running now on Android 4.4.2, but no HD working. Toggling hardware encoding I get a single picture and then a freeze. Guess I am out of luck here without 4.4.4.

One question: how can I sort the favourites in my preferred, specific order (non-alphabetical)?

Regards,

einnarr

You can sort them under Settings->Sort channels. Anyhow you have to sort the complete list, i did not found a handsome way to do this on a tablet without making the application too complicated. There was a paper made by Apple which explains the Do's and Dont's in app design very well. I forgot the name of it but i take one point quite seriously: Keep it simple and try to offer only what 90% of the users would use.

Concerning the hardware acceleration i might consider adding stage fright support optional.

Christian

Probably not, stage fright was only supported by ffmpeg on Android 2.3.3. According to the information i found in the net. And it was a dirty hack.

Dear Christian,

The TXT button is still not working for me. DVBViewer on windows can display the 888 subs page for my provider but the app gives me a grey button.

Does this mean no TXT stream is detected?

How can we resolve this issue?

Channelscan should work. The next build will scan the PMT table in background and does no longer rely on the channel list information.

I already answered your question: You need a channel scan, the information if teletext is available is stored in the channel list.

I've published a new version, which should be available within the next hours in the amazon and android store and most likely on monday in the Apple store.

-fixed problem with faulty devolo devices

-added realtime PMT monitoring for dynamic channel switching

-Ein Problem mit der fehlerhaften Tunererkennung von Devolo Geräten wurde behoben

-Echtzeitüberwachung der PMT Tabelle ermöglicht nun auch dynamische Kanalwechsel

Oh by the way, the next release will have better buffer handling. I rewrote the whole circular buffer class for the OSX version and implemented it today in the evening into the mobile app. I was able to reduce the glitches on start to zero while increasing the buffer to 10mb.

• Like 1

Christian, a few things.

- Would it be possible to make a separate scan option for QAM256 SNR6875 ? When I use "Cable All" I cannot find any channels. Do you need a transponder list for my provider?

- De dutch translation still says "Mediathek" instead of "Mediatheek"

You Bernd Hackbart, you are such an awesome person. DVBViewer ismy first DVB-software that i paid for, and it is still my primary software that i use regularly. DVBViewer for mac also is one of my favorite..

Bernd, GooglePlay store says that SAT>IP viewer is incompatible with nvidia shield android TV and it doesnt allow me to install it. i hope that there are some plans to do this possible in near future..

Hi,

the application is right now only designed for touchable devices. I do plan to publish a set top box version later, but this will take some time. The version is most likely the same, like the OSX version i'm currently working on.

Christian

From the website:

Turn your phone or tablet into a television! With this app and a Sat>IP
compliant server (e.g. DVBViewer Recording Service or Octopus NET) to receive live TV everywhere in your home network. The application only works in your local network, where your Sat>IP device is located. Sat>IP is not intend to be streamed outside the LAN.

I'm using Sat>IP on IOS with DVBViewer Pro + recording service.

After reinstalling Win10 and DVBViewer/recording service I cannot manage to see the receivers in Sat>IP.

Does exist a checklist to identify where I misconfigured the recording service or what I did wrong?

The application detects the devices automatically. If a firewall blocks the recording service you won't be able to see the service inside the app.

The application detects the devices automatically. If a firewall blocks the recording service you won't be able to see the service inside the app.

Hi, but... why not enable the option for the user to "manually add a SAT>IP server"?

The only requirement is to set the URL of the XML file... just like the only function do it by the SSDP discovering phase.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo Herr Hackbart,

erst einmal vielen Dank für die tolle App. Leider tritt bei mir ein Problem auf, welches ich bis jetzt nicht in den Griff kriegen konnte.

Ich nutze den Recordingservice mit 2 cine device, also insgesamt 4 Sat Tuner. Wenn ich nun einen Sender umschalte,

nimmt sich der Sat/Ip Viewer einen neuen Tuner, ohne aber den alten abzuschalten. Das geht solange, bis kein Tuner mehr vorhanden ist.

Ich habe dann im Status Fenster des Recordingservice 4 x die IP (oder auch mehr) meines Tablets stehen und wenn ich in meinen Taskmanager schaue,

werden auch 4 Kanäle gleichzeitig zum Tablet gestreamt. Das macht es mir und meiner Familie natürlich unmöglich, die App zu benutzen,

da nach mehrmaligem Umschalten alle 4 Tuner ausgelastet sind. Ich habe hier ein Fire Hd und ein Samsung tab, der Fehler tritt bei beiden auf.

Habe ich vielleicht irgendeine Einstellung übersehen? Bin ich der einzige, der dieses Problem hat?

Mit Dank für die Antwort und vielen Grüßen,

Marc

Die Clientanwendung ignoriert die Anzahl der vorhandenen Tuner auf einem Gerät und schickt einfach eine Tuninganfrage an den SAT>IP Server. Was passiert denn, wenn Du zwischen einem verschlüsselten und einem unverschlüsselten Sender wechselst?

Christian

PS: Viel Einstellungsmöglichkeiten gibt es nicht. Man kann SAT>IP Server deaktivieren, aber mehr auch nicht.