Sat>IP Viewer for iOS/Android (Mobile/Tablet/TV)

Hallo,

danke für die schnelle Antwort. Ich hab das ganze mal mit dem Kodi DVBViewer PVR ausprobiert und es passiert genau das gleiche,

wenn ich dort RTSP wähle. Allerdings funktioniert es dort prima ohne RTSP, dann wird trotz Umschaltens nur ein Tuner benutzt.

Ob es mit Pay TV anders ist kann ich nicht sagen, da ich keines habe. Klicke ich einen solchen Sender an, bleibt der

Bildschirm schwarz, ein Tuner wird aber trotzdem reserviert. Also das gleiche Verhalten wie beim FreeTV.

Ich denke mit der Kodi Lösung kann ich vorerst ganz gut leben. Vielleicht tut sich ja noch was.

Viele Grüße,

Marc

PS. Nur der Interesse halber: Beim normalen Windows DVBViewer Client (RTPS) treten diese Probleme ja nicht auf. Was macht der anders,

als die anderen Programme/Apps?

Danke für eine kurze Erklärung. :)

Das muss ich noch evaluieren :) Ich melde mich dann.

Ich habe die STB Version quasi fertig und musste einiges an dem plattformunabhängigen Code ändern bzw. aufräumen. Wenn die veröffentlicht ist, passe ich die Tablet/Mobile Version dahingehend an.

Nur mal so aus Neugierde, hat jemand schon die Streamingunterstützung probiert? Hier gab es im Forum einen Verweis auf Pastebin mit einem extrem coolen Listing.

Christian

Wenn ich nun einen Sender umschalte, nimmt sich der Sat/Ip Viewer einen neuen Tuner, ohne aber den alten abzuschalten. Das geht solange, bis kein Tuner mehr vorhanden ist.

Ich habe dann im Status Fenster des Recordingservice 4 x die IP (oder auch mehr) meines Tablets stehen und wenn ich in meinen Taskmanager schaue, werden auch 4 Kanäle gleichzeitig zum Tablet gestreamt.

Wie lange bleiben die dort nach dem Senderwechsel stehen? Auch nach Beenden der App?

Unter der Voraussetzung, dass ein Tuner nicht noch anderweitig verwendet wird (z.B. durch eine Aufnahme oder einen anderen Streaming Client, der Daten von der selben Frequenz bezieht), gibt der RS ihn bei RTSP frei, wenn der Client mit TEARDOWN die Session beendet oder wenn er 20 Sekunden lang nichts mehr von sich hören lässt - der Client muss deshalb eine Session durch regelmäßig Keep-Alive-Botschaften am Leben halten.

Normalerweise sollten Senderumschaltungen innerhalb einer Session stattfinden, also ohne eine neue zu eröffnen, und damit den bereits belegten Tuner weiterverwenden, aber es gibt Dumm-Clients, die für jeden Sender eine neue Session starten :whistle: (der DVBViewer gehört definitiv nicht zu diesem Verein!). Es sieht so aus, als würde das bei dir geschehen, ohne dass die vorherige Session ordnungsgemäß beendet wird.

Aber wie auch immer - selbst wenn ein Client das TEARDOWN vergisst oder es nicht ankommt, z.B. weil man den WLAN-Empfangsbereich verlassen hat, sollten die Tuner nach 20 Sekunden freigegeben werden. Zu beachten ist dabei, dass die Statusseite des Web Interface sich nur in bestimmten Abständen aktualisiert - also eventuell die Aktualisierung manuell durchführen.

Weitere Aufschlüsse kann die Datei svcdebug.log im Konfigurationsordner geben. Dazu am besten den RS stoppen, die vorhandene svcdebug.log löschen, RS starten, Problem reproduzieren, RS stoppen, svcdebug.log gezippt hier als Datei anhängen.

Hallo Griga,

ich hab es jetzt nochmal in unmittelbarer Nähe meines Wlan Routers getestet und .....es funktioniert auf einmal so wie es soll. Ich habe keine Ahnung, warum die Tuner nicht

freigegeben wurden. Ich vermute mal, daß es an meiner etwas wackligen Wlan Verbindung lag. Das mit den 20 Sekunden

kommt fast exakt hin.

Vielen Dank für die Mühe und deine Erklärung!

Grüße,

Marc

Ps. Tolle App! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

When I do scan channel, in middel transponder's list, android app notify me that scan completed but many channel not founded.

Now I want use m3u file instead channel scaning but I dont know what url I must to insert in add source field

Thanks to help me.

Edited by araboy

By default the following formats are supported:

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media

But with a Custom Receiver it is possible to extend this:

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/custom_receiver

But I don't know how fare (the hardware capability are limited).

And I don't know if it is a good Idea to run live Transcoding on a Handy. Current Top smartphone should be able of doing this. But no idea how many minutes the battery will last then :innocent:

So a test run, 10 minutes recording MPEG2/TS > h.264/mp4 with FFmpeg (in the terminal "Termux") speed was between 2,5x and 1,3x so this should be no problem a problem on Snapdragon 820 devices :innocent:.
10 minutes transcording used around 90 mAh on my device.

Streaming files is a lot easier then Live TV.

And you talking about Plex for android right? And you are streamin MPEG2 Video files (not MP4) which are on you phone to Chromecast (without a extra Server in between)?

Streaming files is a lot easier then Live TV.

And you talking about Plex for android right? And you are streamin MPEG2 Video files (not MP4) which are on you phone to Chromecast (without a extra Server in between)?

no not exactly...

the set-up is as follows:

windows PC with DVBViewer and recording Service, and plex server. All movies are stored on hard drives as .ts or .mkv files.

Plex streams those movies to Chromecasts and android devices ( that have plex for Android installed) and other PC's with Plex installed..

To start a stream to for example a TV -with a Chromecast- is possible from any devise. (to any device, you could say, as long as Plex is installed)

Understood like this: I can start a movie from Plex for android, ( and the move do start there..) and then press the Chromecast Icon, and then decide which device I want to the stream to go to, for example TV in kitchen... and then the movie stops on Android and continue on Kitchen TV.

Other Windows pc's have plex installed, but not the server version, Chromebook has also Plex installed.

Everything works flawlessly, only sometimes, if we talk large Bluray ( MKV) files, I sometimes run into problems, be course the main PC where the Plex server program is installed is way too slow ( it's 7-8 years old...and not fast from birth...) if at the same time DVBViewer is recording two programs at the same time and so on... I'm in trouble... :)

Plex also works on wan !!.. but you have to slow down the streams a lot, 1.5Mb/s or something like that, and with a slow pc ( like mine) it is a problem..

I have tried to stream to a pc at work, and of course also to android using mobile network, it works, if the PC at home is not too busy..!!

..and live TV? well... dlna works fine ( wired lan) wireless..possible but not relieable..,..channel change is extremely slooow in both cases..

To android? ( wireless) ... the new app works..

To PC's on the lan I use the browser directly... and choose channels in Recording Service.. slow to change channels but it works..

so in short terms. yes I use plex for Android... :) but I don't stream directly from Android..anything else you wanna know ?... :)

Edited by krasno

Sat>IP Viewer is a app which should work with every Sat>IP server (not a client for the Recording Service). So only things describe in the standard can be expected from the server.

http://www.satip.info/resources

Every thing else has to be done in the App (on the Android/iOS device). Sat>IP server provide the TV signal in the format which is used by the TV station. And the app has to deal with the format.

But Chromecast lakes support for some of thoughts formats.

And transcoding in real time will not work on low-end or older devices. And uses a lot of battery.

Plex uses a completely different apogee. There is a server on a PC which is transcoding every thing. That is not the goal of this App. I think it will not use the other streamin capability of the RS besides Sat>IP.

Sat>IP Viewer is a app which should work with every Sat>IP server (not a client for the Recording Service). So only things describe in the standard can be expected from the server.

http://www.satip.info/resources

Every thing else has to be done in the App (on the Android/iOS device). Sat>IP server provide the TV signal in the format which is used by the TV station. And the app has to deal with the format.

But Chromecast lakes support for some of thoughts formats.

And transcoding in real time will not work on low-end or older devices. And uses a lot of battery.

Plex uses a completely different apogee. There is a server on a PC which is transcoding every thing. That is not the goal of this App. I think it will not use the other streamin capability of the RS besides Sat>IP.

I know the sat>IP viewer, it works fine to android, but a small Chromecast-button is missing ;))....

If I look at the above link, it looks like it should be possible if I had an IP device, what ever that is?? , connected to the TV.

The TV in my kitchen, and one other room, which is the biggest problem right now, are so called smart TV's, but unfortunately have no sat-receivers build in...they are on-line and have chromecasts connected, Plex, Youtube, and if HBO, and Netflix ..and so on works, but to watch the news is impossible...... so how to install the app on those.. ?

I do use dlna on that TV, but hell it is too slow.. to change channel you have to press "7000" buttons"walk through 8500 menus, and if you mix up exit, enter and return on the remote, you have to start all over, and should I mention channels are not sorted?, ohh yes, in alphabetic order..I have i-dono-...over 1000 channels.. lot of scrolling...... and then pray around 30min while it is thinking..sometimes it works sometimes not.. you never know.. and when you finally are "live" the program is over.....

so.. maybe transcoding from recording service will use battery, and not work on older devices, if you watch TV on a phone... but seriously, what has that got to do with brand new chromecasts, that are always plugged into ac outlets, and the streaming are not using batteries on the phone as soon as you press the "chromecast" button.. I'm sorry, but I don't understand exactly what you mean ...

Chromecast is a device which receives (simply spoken) a url from another device (like a smartphone or tablet) and plays it back.

The stick is not capable to play every format. In the most cases TV transmissions use Mpeg2 as compression format. These sticks do not support this format. This means you have to convert the stream in realtime into a suitable format (for example H264, AAC). I do not have plans to integrate such a feature into an application for smartphones or tablets. Even if the most devices would be able to do this without any problem, it does not make sense - since the battery will go empty within no time.

The recording service does reencoding on a pc and you could use the front end for example in order to play back. I will consider if and how we can offer Airplay and Chromecast devices in the Service. But this discussion should be outsourced, since the topic is about the mobile app :)

yes yes:)) that's what I meant, and then be able to start TV-programs from an app,.. :original: that only shows fav. channel list, and then be able to tell chromecast to use that url and channel.. :)

-only small batteries needed :)

when you say frontend do you then mean DVBViewer? or the player that pop's up if you use recording service url + :8089 and so on..?

Outsourced?..you mean new topic? "while we are waiting for a Chromecast button" maybe? hehe

If I can help, then please let me know, but I guess I can only come up with ideas about how it should work, or look.. ..

You can start new topic in the Suggestions/RS or DVBViewer section or in the RS App topic. But VinoRosso has already stated he has not enough time to implement Chromecast support.

So the fastest way would be you implement the Chromecast support and send a pull request for the Android app :innocent:

https://github.com/RayBa82/DVBViewerController/pulls

But Chromecast support will for technical reason not happen in Sat>IP Viewer. Therefore this topic is the wrong place.

off topic.. : :innocent: They already have answered a request for that, the answer is:
This is not on my power. This would require a transcoding profile for Chromecast which must be implemented by the DVBViewer developers.

bu I tried to ask anyway..

Hello again

Forget to do anything, its already working !!

I tried this:

On Android phone:

turn Chrome browser on

type in RS Lan IP like this: example

192.168.0.100:8089

RS opens

channel EPG

Choose a TV channel

Choose the programme that run right now

Press play in browser

Player opens and TV programme can be seen live on Android phone

Then press on the screen and play button can be seen ,

BUT also a Chromecast symbol is visible in the lower right corner

Press that and choose the Chromecast you want to use.

And voila.. you watch TV from your pc.

I have no idea where that Chromecast button came from or when it arrived. it has not been there always, that's all I know..

?

Edited by krasno
  • 1 month later...

Oh by the way, the next release will have better buffer handling. I rewrote the whole circular buffer class for the OSX version and implemented it today in the evening into the mobile app. I was able to reduce the glitches on start to zero while increasing the buffer to 10mb.

AFAIK this version was never released. When can we expect the next update for iOS?

Regards

Rheinländer

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I want to use app iOS device. But i can't.

Because in the app Turksat 2A/3A/4A (42.0E) transponders too old.

My pc DVBViewer transponders list below.

[sATTYPE]

1=0420
2=42.0E
3=1
4=9750
5=10600
6=11700
Group=1
[DVB]
0=61
1=10980,V,12500,34,6
2=10985,H,4800,34,1
3=11012,V,30000,56,22
4=11039,H,4800,23,6
5=11045,H,4800,34,1
6=11053,H,8000,34,1
7=11054,V,30000,34,6
8=11062,H,4820,34,1
9=11096,H,30000,56,1
10=11096,V,30000,56,1
11=11472,H,23450,56,1
12=11509,H,30000,23,1
13=11558,V,30000,23,1
14=11594,V,25000,23,1
15=11775,V,27500,34,6
16=11802,V,17500,34,6
17=11821,H,17000,34,1
18=11824,V,8000,34,1
19=11833,V,6250,56,1
20=11853,H,25000,34,6
21=11855,V,30000,34,1
22=11880,H,20000,34,6
23=11883,V,4800,56,1
24=11916,V,30000,34,1
25=11958,V,27500,56,1
26=11977,H,27500,56,1
27=11986,V,9600,56,1
28=12015,H,27500,56,1
29=12034,V,27500,56,1
30=12054,H,27500,56,1
31=12073,V,27500,56,22
32=12089,H,4400,56,1
33=12103,H,8333,23,6
34=12188,V,27500,56,22
35=12197,H,9600,23,6
36=12209,H,10000,34,6
37=12213,V,5833,23,6
38=12219,H,6500,34,1
39=12220,V,4800,56,1
40=12238,V,7200,56,1
41=12245,H,27500,56,6
42=12265,V,27500,56,1
43=12303,V,27500,56,1
44=12329,H,6666,23,6
45=12345,V,30000,34,1
46=12346,H,9600,34,1
47=12356,H,7100,23,6
48=12379,H,30000,34,1
49=12380,V,27500,34,1
50=12423,H,30000,34,1
51=12423,V,27500,34,1
52=12458,V,30000,34,1
53=12461,H,20800,34,6
54=12515,H,11666,23,1
55=12524,V,22500,23,1
56=12541,H,30000,34,1
57=12559,V,27500,23,1
58=12605,V,27500,23,1
59=12641,H,30000,23,1
60=12685,H,30000,34,1
61=12729,H,27500,23,1

And app crashing when scanning channels. Not save channels.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for reply.

I try it iphone, ipad and mac. 

On iphone and ipad app crashing when scannig. Cannot complete the scan. With "Find Other Transponder" choice. With "Update channels". With "Only free to air". 

It doesn't matter. App crashing all time. 

On Mac with enabled "Find Other Transponder". Mac app cannot find other transponders.

I modified Macintosh HD/Apps/Sat>IP Viewer/Contents/Resources/transponders.zip file. Edit DVB-S_0420.ini file with attached file. And scan channels. App find all channels. Everything working fine.

But iphone and ipad i cannot edit these files. Because apple does not allow.

DVB-S_0420.ini

Hi Hackbart,

Recently I purchased the Android version... great work! ;)

Here some suggestions from my point of view if you like to consider:

1) Add the option for selecting the main language. I'm not a german speaker, and with international channels (like Euronews) I prefer to use my native language by default.

2) One option for including some SAT>IP servers manally (setting the XML URL) will be very useful. I have 3 servers in my home network (one -S, one -C and one -T), but in my campus in a routed network exists one SAT>IP server... but not anounced with SSDP, however it's fully accessible over the network. If I can add this server, then I can use it. Please!

3) At time, I need to assume that channels aren't linked to an specific SAT>IP server. Then, if you search for TERRESTRIAL or CABLE, then all channels are linked to any -T or -C servers. However, how if I move to another country? I suggest to have the option to link channels list to servers... very useful for -T and -C networks, but why not leave also for -S networks?

4) For ordering the channels I suggest to create a webserver in the App for a remote HTML tool. I found more productive to use one desktop PC for channel ordering. With a simple webserver inside the App and a simple WEB page with REST calls you can provide a good tool for channel ordering. Or if you prefer, add the option for importing the DVBViewer channel list.

At last some questions:

- You will include support for teletext?

- You will include a full screen view, mainly for Android TV devices? It will be great if I can run this App in my new Sony TV with a TV like UI.

- You will add support for LCN?

Thank you, and please, continue improving this great software!

• 1 month later...

I need DVBViewer (Media Server) to work or connects alone ?

Or i need sat-to-ip router,no?

Edited by rodjd
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a short information. Today i found time to update the mobile Version. I used the updated code base from our MacOS build. Technically DVB-T2 will now work fine on mobile platforms. Anyhow i'm quite unsure about the ability to decode the streams properly ;)

I plan the next days a few updates in the scanner, which i made a while ago to support the DVBViewer Media Server as source. This will take a while.

• 9 months later...

I've updated the iOS Version of the Sat>IP Viewer, the Android one will follow later this day. I had rewritten the complete channel list since it became too slow especially on Android in combination with more than a few hundred entries. The biggest issue is, if you scroll in the list and the list hangs, the app thinks you want to tune the focused item which is a bit annoying. The solution now should no longer stagnate that much. 

I also found an issue with some Sat>IP devices which work fine in the DVBViewer but not in the Sat>IP Viewer. The reason is located deep in the specification. A server should provide some information like X_RTSPPort and satip:X_SATIPCAP. Some of them do not deliver this information. The DVBViewer does not need the Capability information, since you can assign a Sat>IP device to a tuner, but the Sat>IP Viewer needs this information. You might argue that it would be a good idea to add such an option, but to be honest mobile phone users are unlike Desktop users "special". Not everyone, but a lot. I remember when i built the Alignment Tool for SES that a couple of users complained the issue that the app is not working. The reason was that they simply did not have had a Sat>IP server at all. 

• 3 months later...

I've updated the IOS Version and the Android will follow in the next hours. I was able to reproduce program abortions on devices with weak reception. Technically speaking the OS closes a app, if it does not respond. I was able to reproduce this while unplugging my satellite cable with the server  when performing a channel scan. This also happens if you try tuning a transponder which does not exist on certain devices. To solve this problem i had to put everything which is non ui related in separate threads. I partially did this already, but not everywhere. I was also able to enable hardware acceleration on every android device. Under iOS it is disabled at the moment, because some channels raise a crash when i use video toolbox for decoding. I did not found the reason yet, so it is at this time only enabled on android. Besides this it behaves quite well, even on lowest end android devices like this one here:

IMG_5618.jpg

I did not checked HEVC on Android, but it should run on modern devices also by using Mediacodec as hardware decoder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have an issue with SAT>IP Viewer app for iOS v11.4.1, it crashes when I'm trying to load a channel list from the OctopusNet server.

Here are some screenshots:

IMG_8163.thumb.PNG.66ae20d54fbf9e5d9775f000ef7d83de.PNG

IMG_8162.thumb.PNG.7efb2335b028f43fd943284c9c4f372e.PNG

App crashes when I tap on "Ja" button (pls note that text is not localized to english).