Which IDE do you use?

senderlistegehtbesser

Hello,

im looking for a Delphi IDE that actually works with DVBViewer plugins. Can you please recommend one that you have tested by writing some plugins in the past, thanks.

Since most of the stuff here got developed with Delphi 7 (the old 2002 version, not XE7), it should be fine for writing plugins. I'm quite sure Delphi 7 Personal is still available somewhere in the Web...

I use Delphi XE2.

The default string type is UTF-16 encoded, It's a reference counted WideString.

Since COM uses WideString, it is easy to communicate with the DVBViewer COM.

For communicating with the Recording Service HTTP API you should normally just convert strings to UTF-8. There is a function UTF8Encode for that.

For writing plugins (I tried that several years ago) you should use AnsiString, since this is what DVBViewer expects in most cases. However, you can use the COM interface ofcourse.

In another thread you claim that Delphi is dead. I am not so sure about that. In the newest versions you should be able to use the same codebase for Andriod, iOS, OSX and windows 32/64. How good it actually is I don't know.

Edited by Delphi