DVBViewer 5.6.2.0 and recording service EPG Issues

riktring

It seems that on alot of fta channels the epg in both DVBViewer and recording service just show undefined but there is a description and on other fta channels mainly BBC channels do not grab anything for the epg.

I will include a screen shot of whats going on I am using a dvbsky DVB-C card and the issue has only been happening in the last couple of days

support.zip

post-153197-0-80277600-1464373144_thumb.png

post-153197-0-15085700-1464373313_thumb.png

Do you use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) or Windows Defender (included in Win8.x/Win10 and active when no other AV is installed)? There is an issue for some days that MSE/Defender is slowing down DVBViewer and it caused missing EPG on my wife's computer. I had to add DVBViewer.exe and dvbvservice.exe to MSE exceptions to get it working normal again. There are several threads about this issue.

That doesnt seem to be the issue here as it gets the description of the program event but not the name I have tried adding the files to exception list for defender

Vis DVB-S the Freesat channel get a special treatment for the EPG collection.
Because the "normal" (EIT) EPG consist there only of now/next.

I don't know if the Freesat EPG exist as well on DVB-C and if yes if the DVBViewer is able to handle it via DVB-C.

TransEdit > Analyzer can be useful to investigate such things.

But I don't know the Freesat EPG.

For the "undefined" select a transponder in TransEdit with channels which have the problem.

Analyzer > EIT then select there channel and the "Event" "Short Event" is used for the Event in the DVBViewer.