RS 1.33 Icons

Congrats to all very solid changes in this release :D

The only comments are the awful looking icons on the notification area, installer and the tray utility. The one in the webinterface is really nice. Im on 120 DPI and especially the icon at the notification area is a dreadful mess. I guess its something to improve til next release.

Feel free to create a better Icon. If it is better chance not bad that it will be integrated,

The goal was to unify the logos in the RS. There where 6 different in use.

And we had decided, to use the blue from the web-interface.

They should have a connection to the DVBViewer, but should as well make it easy to distinguish them.

Multiple .exe should not have exactly the same icon. But it should be easy to see the connection.

Big versions of the .ico used for link are in \DVBViewer\Images\ because it would be complicated include hinger resolutions in the .exe

In the notification area the resolution is limited to 16x16 pixel. I don't know if it is possible to include theoretical possible 32x32 there as well. Without changing the framework used for DVBVCtrl.exe.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee330740%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

But the focus should be at the 16x16 version. And we need three color (default, off, recording)

I'm curious what you can come up with. :innocent:

Here is the base file we used for the new logo.

RS-Logo.zip

(added other logos)

Edited by Tjod

Yeah, I might be interested to help out with this, since I have been struggeling with RS icons for my own program that I use as a replacement for the limited RS webinterface/Recordings Tab. Now when those icons I struggled with have the wrong color anyway ;) So you are using GIMP?

Yes, for the images and the generation of the .ico files with multiple resolutions.

But the program used to generate them doesn't really matter. The result is the interesting part. :innocent:

If it is no only fine tuning. And keeping the main layout in general.

It can be a good idea to post her a draft.

• 2 months later...

Feel free to create a better Icon. If it is better chance not bad that it will be integrated,

The goal was to unify the logos in the RS. There where 6 different in use.

And we had decided, to use the blue from the web-interface.

They should have a connection to the DVBViewer, but should as well make it easy to distinguish them.

Multiple .exe should not have exactly the same icon. But it should be easy to see the connection.

Big versions of the .ico used for link are in \DVBViewer\Images\ because it would be complicated include hinger resolutions in the .exe

In the notification area the resolution is limited to 16x16 pixel. I don't know if it is possible to include theoretical possible 32x32 there as well. Without changing the framework used for DVBVCtrl.exe.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee330740%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

But the focus should be at the 16x16 version. And we need three color (default, off, recording)

I'm curious what you can come up with. :innocent:

Sorry, I haven't been abled to come up with icons any better than yours. Mainly cuz it's damn hard stuff to do only using 16x16 pixels. Moon crest shapes are totally impossible with that resolution. Decided to investigate the matter from an another angle and it seems it is possible to use 32x32 icons together with notifications in the notification area. Used by Shell_NotifyIcon. NIIF_USER (4) flag, which can be combined with the NIIF_LARGE_ICON (0x20) flag and NOTIFYICONDATA.hBalloonIcon field to specify a large icon. Im abled to do it with autohotkey at least.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773352#niif_user

Edited by majstang