How to use 24 hour format instead of 12 hour format for the log file?

Kiwi8

How to use 24 hour format instead of 12 hour format for the log file?

My computer already uses the 24 hour format, but the recording log file still saves the timing data in 12 hour format.

Thanks in advance.

I offer further details.

My Windows settings have already been set to use the 24 hour format.

HH:mm for short, HH:mm:ss for long.

In DVBViewer Pro, I use the manual time zone setting, but seems that using the automatic time zone setting doesn't help too.

The Recording Service is running in the system account and is using it's settings.

So if you haven't changed it that are the settings used at windows install time.

In system control > regional settings is a option to copy your settings to the system account and new accounts.

But from you problem description it is not clear that you use the RS.

And post a support.zip in the event of future problems to make it easy to help.

HH:mm:ss for long.

Here it works if I launch the RS as application in my user account. So I think Tjod is right. You need to go to the Administrative tab in the Regional Settings and copy the settings to the system account. After that don't forget to stop an restart the RS. Maybe you even have to reboot (?).

The Recording Service is running in the system account and is using it's settings.

So if you haven't changed it that are the settings used at windows install time.

In system control > regional settings is a option to copy your settings to the system account and new accounts.

But from you problem description it is not clear that you use the RS.

And post a support.zip in the event of future problems to make it easy to help.

I see... thank you, it works now.

Here it works if I launch the RS as application in my user account. So I think Tjod is right. You need to go to the Administrative tab in the Regional Settings and copy the settings to the system account. After that don't forget to stop an restart the RS. Maybe you even have to reboot (?).

I see... thanks for the insight to the problem.

I wonder if the recording log should rather use a fixed 24 hour format independently from the regional settings, like the svcdebug.log. I've tried the 12 hours format yesterday, and it looks terrible, particularly the second column (duration since recording start). It also uses AM/PM which makes no sense at all.

I wonder if the recording log should rather use a fixed 24 hour format independently from the regional settings, like the svcdebug.log. I've tried the 12 hours format yesterday, and it looks terrible, particularly the second column (duration since recording start). It also uses AM/PM which makes no sense at all.

Good idea.

Anyway, in addition to the recording log, the web interface could also do well with the 24-hour format too. Cos I noticed that my timer listings are a lot shorter as the 12-hour format used to make each listing thicker due to the need to use 2 lines to display the 12-hour-formatted time.

For me the 12 hour format is something very exotic (like New Zealand :)), particularly the odd transition from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.

Are there people in 12 hour format countries who are so much used to it that they actually want / need it in the Web Interface?

For me the 12 hour format is something very exotic (like New Zealand :)), particularly the odd transition from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.

Are there people in 12 hour format countries who are so much used to it that they actually want / need it in the Web Interface?

I was wondering that, is it possible to delink the connection for the setting of 12/24 hour, and just put the setting in DVBViewer for the user to select?