I have sound but no video

gorope

Hi, I'm a newbie.

I buy a skystar2 rev 2.6b. with lastest drivers 4.3. My problem is that I can't see nothing with DVBViewer, no sat and no video mpeg files. With sat I have signal and can ear tv and radio stations but see nothing. With video files the program hangs.

For this I try another program called progdvb that is freeware and works fine but can't hear radio stations with it, and I wish to try with DVBViewer that is bundled with my card.

Could somebody help me.

Thaks, and escuse my poor english.

Seems that I haven't got luck with the replyes I will try again to explain the problem.

I have an new skystar2 revision 2.6b (or 2.68 I'm not sure) bundled with DVBViewer technisat edition. The problem is that there are not image on the screen, there are signal and sound, but not image. I had tryed other software called progdvb and works fine, but hangs frecuently.

¿Can somebody help me?

thanks again.

my setup.ini is atached to this message.

Setup.ini

Hmm, seems the other way round: too many decoders. Did you install any codec packs? Deadly stuff for media playback, I tell you.

So we have to take a deeper look with GraphEdit. That's a tool that shows which components are actually used by the DVBViewer - read more about it here. I'm sure one of those DirectShow filters is killing video, maybe this one:

XingDVD VidSub Decoder: 00900000

that probably knows how to play DVD MPEG2, but not DVB MPEG2, cause there are some differences.... and it has the highest "merit" value, so it is first choice for Windows.

What you have to do to find out: Launch DVBViewer and let it play something, then launch GraphEdit, use "Connect To Remote Graph" to let GraphEdit display the DVBViewer's filter graph, and post a screenshot here.

Guest DAvenger
... too many decoders. Did you install any codec packs? Deadly stuff for media playback, I tell you.

Well, maybe it's time for DVBViewer to get a fully custom-built graph? This would indeed solve the PROBLEM, not the symptomes.

Thanks a lot, griga for your support. I had tryed that you say, but after choose the only remote graph in the list (I'm atached the windows image), nothing appears on graphedit. what is wrong?

Thanks again.

post-12-1103854366_thumb.jpg

Guest hackbart

Hi Davenger,

i know DirectShow is a mess once you filled up your system with tons of codecs. In the first line the DVBViewer is a program to offer Watching/Recording TV and Radio and in the second line (even if the internal wip version competites with almost every window based HTPC system) its a complete HTPC. I already thought about a solution like RadScorpion did in RadLight, but till now i did not have had any problems with the normal Graphbuilder System.

Christian

nothing appears on graphedit. what is wrong?

Didn't you click OK? Since there may be more than one filter graph running, GrapEdit first shows the list. In your case there is only one entry. The graph is dispayed after double-clicking it or clicking OK.

Sorry Griga, I don't explain it fine. Yes, I press ok button and the windows that I'm post closes but nothing appears on the main window of graphedit. I try it several times.

Thanks Davenger for the links, I will try that htpc soft. The informatión about filter graphs is interesting, but a bit dificult for me. I hear never before about this things.

Yes, I press ok button and the windows that I'm post closes but nothing appears on the main window of graphedit. I try it several times.

Hmm, that's strange. Did you try it *while* the DVBViewer is running and busy with playback (at least audio)?

Well, ok, a different thing: There is a tool called RadLight Filter Manager (more about it here, download).

After having launched it, go to the DirectShow section of the displayed tree view, find the XING DVD Sub or how it is called, select it an click "Unregister", which doesn't delete the according file, but only removes it's registry entries (you may undo it later by clicking "Register", navigating to the file and selecting it - the Log Tab will show you which file had been unregistered before).

Maybe the XING decoder causes the trouble... I guess it's from some codec pack and not really a clean thing.

Other well known troublemakers are the Nero and Ligos audio decoder. You may unregister them as well... but keep the Log Function of the Filter Manager always switched on, in order to be able to undo everything later, if necessary.

Good shot Griga, Xing decoder was the problem. I'm unregister it and DVBViewer works very fine, seems quick and stable, better than progdvb.

Graphedit still doesn't show anything when connect to the remote graph.¿?

Cheers, and merry christmas.