Subtitles issue on Hellas Sat 2 39E(12729/V/30000)

kostading

Hello
I have problem with the subtitles on Hellas Sat 2(39.0Е), transponder 12729/V/30000.
On channels TV 1000, Viasat History and Viasat Nature, subtitles not showing.
The same channels have a subtitles with enigma 2 receiver with openpli 4.0.
The same channels have a subtitles with ProgDvb.

Tested with DVBViewer Pro 5.3.2 and DVBViewer Pro 5.6.2.

Regards.

the 1st recording doesn't contain any subs though they are listed in the PMT. -> check: all audio etc.

Snap12.png

the 2nd recording looks ok

Snap11.png

Assuming Options -> Recorder -> Include Subtitles was ticked for the DVBViewer recording:

The OpenPli4 recording suggests that the subtitiles are encrypted because their PMT entry contains CA descriptors, as the TransEdit Analyzer shows. These descriptors are missing in the DVBViewer recording, most likely due to Options -> Recorder -> Adjust PAT/PMT being ticked (which is ok and expected).

DVBViewer plays the OpenPli4 recording quite happily with subtitles, so displaying them is not the problem.

My guess is that the subtitles are not decrypted in DVBViewer and were kicked by the recorder, because it doesn't record encrypted data packets. Since the CI/CAM handling is hardware dependent I need more information about the setup.

If the subtitle streams are encrypted and your arrangement fails to decrypt theses streams, you won't see them. Get yourself a working CI-module. Discussions about software decryption are not allowed (§13). If you want to keep it you have look for a solution somewhere else..