RS 1.33.0 problem with FireDTV / scrambled channels

Somehow the new 1.33 version does not show scrambled channels.

I have a dedicated DVB-T device FireDTV to them. But now switching to

scrambled channel (e.g. Discovery) all I get is black screen.

It does switch to correct tuner and shows good signal but no picture or sound.

Downgrading back to 1.32 fixes it immediately.

Any ideas? Support.zip attached.

support.zip

Installed 1.33 back (4th time..) and strange thing happened.. Discovery shows. But no other scrambled channel. I have 3 others subscribed.

I tried direct access, works perfect on all channels. Went back to Unicast device, only Discovery channel works.

Downgraded back to 1.32. Everything works again.

Streaming via Unicast is out-dated. It is not developed further and not extensively tested anymore. Sooner or later it will be dropped completely. Maybe that's the source of the trouble.

So I would say it's time to give virtual RTSP (Sat>IP) network devices a try. Does it work better?

Switched to RTSP but it remains the same.

Tried also from webinterface to play the channers through the flash stream.

Again, can't access the channels.

Back to 1.32 again..

OK, I will use my old FireDTV-S2 for checking what's wrong (if possible). However, first I have to get a new smart card because the old one for CI/CAM tests doesn't work anymore.

I'll post here as soon as there are results....

Got it.

If you want to make it work with RS 1.33, please launch start menu -> DVBViewer -> DVBViewer Pro Downloader and download the CI/Remote support for FireDTV cards. This will store a FiresatApi.dll in your DVBViewer installation directory.

The DLL is required for accessing the CAM menu, but not for unscrambling, as far as I can see now. I didn't know that, so I disabled unscrambling with FireDTV devices altogether in RS 1.33 if the DLL is not present. It will be fixed in the next release.