TransEdit: Analyze from CLI

kroegtijger

Is it possible (or can it be made possible) to get TransEdit to start to analyze (or start analyzing a file) from the commandline and return an XML-output-file? Or can this only be done from the GUI?

Is it possible o get TransEdit to start to analyze from the commandline

Yes. Simply pass a TS file or URL as commandline parameter.

and return an XML-output-file?

No. UI only.

Yes. Simply pass a TS file or URL as commandline parameter.

No. UI only.

Is there any possibility that an export will become possible in the (near) future? This would make it a whole lot easier to get this scripted.

Thanks

Hi,

This can be done in this way:

- Execute TransEdit with command line for reading from your source with the parameter to streaming the TS to a remote IP:PORT.

- Execute the free "dvbsnoop" for listening in the IP:PORT (dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net)

The only problem is: At time, TransEdit don't have an option for streaming the TS to a remote address. I request this in this thread:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56627-streaming-button-in-transedit/

And as I commented, this is only a some minutes of coding effort. However, the developers think that this funtionality is useless.

I hope they change their mind!