Multiple TBS Tuner devices + DVBViewer Pro + recording service on Win1

blimpie

Dear community ,

I made a HTPC running Windows 10 wich holds a TBS6902 dvb-s2 dual tuner and a TBS6922SE single dvb-s2 tuner with DVBViewer Pro (no recording service yet) . I bought the program a few years ago but will be fully using it only now .

. What i want to achieve is the following : - run DVBViewer Pro as a backend on my HTPC and watch live tv on the HTPC whilst recording other channel(s) and/or streaming channels to devices running Kodi @ the same time + i want the recordings to be available to my client devices to .

In DVBViewer Pro my TBS6902 is shown as 6902 (0) and 6902 (1) = dual tuner = correct and the 6922SE is shown as 6922SE (3) (so as the third tuner) = correct .

The TBS6902 is pointed at the 23.5 sat position and the 6922SE is pointed at 4 sat positions (19.2E + 13.0E + 23.5E + 28.2E) via a Technisat Multytenne . One coaxial cable is running from the Multytenne to the TBS6922SE tuner .

=> for the dual tuner (pointed to 23.5E) do i need to perform a channel scan on both tuners or will 6902 (1) use the channels automatically that were scanned with the 6902 (0) ?

=> next to the19.2E ,13.0E and 28.2Epositions the 6922SE also points to 23.5E...is that a problem or will that help me to be able to record channels while i'm using the dualtuner to watch tv or vice versa ?

=> do i need to create channel groups to avoid interference , etc...?

For testing the program i scanned the 23.5E position with one tuner of the TBS6902 dual tuner card and i must say it's great . Picture quality is perfect . I can already watch television and record that same channel but no other channel :-( .

Can someone put me on my way please with the setup , i would be so grateful...

Thanks in advance .

Kr ,

blimpie

Edited by blimpie

What i want to achieve is the following : - run DVBViewer Pro as a backend on my HTPC and watch live tv on the HTPC whilst recording other channel(s) and/or streaming channels to devices running Kodi @ the same time + i want the recordings to be available to my client devices to .

therefore you'll need to install the RS

for the dual tuner (pointed to 23.5E) do i need to perform a channel scan on both tuners

only a single scan is required

do i need to create channel groups to avoid interference , etc...?

yes, one group for 23.5E. This group will be assigned to both tuners of your 6902 and another group for the rest.

Hello Derrick , thx for the reply , that will help a lot ! Only stil a bit puzzeld about the channet groups ; you said :

-> yes, one group for 23.5E. This group will be assigned to both tuners of your 6902 and another group for the rest.

=> so should i scan for channels via my TBS6902 dual tuner and assing them to channel group A for instance....and scan every sat position (19.2E + 13.0E + 23.5E + 28.2E) with my TBS6922SE and assing all to channel group B for instance (including the 23.5 position scanned with this single tuner TBS6922SE ,because this tuner is pointed also @ 23.5E)

Thank you so much .

Kr ,

blimpie

yes, almost ;)

A for 23,5E

B for 19E, 13E and 28E

A for both tuners of tBS6902

A + B for TBS6922SE

/edit

take B for 23,5E. Then you can use default lists with A for all other positions

Ok ,

- I'll do the 23.5E scan via TBS6902 dual tuner and assign a channel group B

- secondly i'll scan 19E, 13E and 28E with TBS6922SE and assign channel group A

- finally i'll scan 23.5E with with TBS6922SE and assign A + B for that ...if i understood you correctly ?

Thx.

- finally i'll scan 23.5E with with TBS6922SE and assign A + B for that ...if i understood you correctly ?

no, you've already scanned 23,5E in the 1st step. There's a common channel list for all devices but each device can only access the channels within the matching group(s).