Discontinuties?

Hi.

I have just upgraded my PC to a X99 chipset board.

My old system with a Z68 chipset, I have been using for years without any issues what so ever.

I have three TV tuners attached. 2 x CT-3650 (without any CI), and 1 x CT-4400v2.

These thee tuners has been running in RS 1.33 without a single discontinuty.

And now, all of the suddon, after getting this nes ASUS X99-A / USB3.1 board, I am getting discontinuty errors like never before. I just have no clue what can be causing this. Cable wise I have not changed a single thing, so I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with my cable signal.

I have tried USB2 and USB3 ports, and I just keep getting those errors.

It is really annoying since I spent quite a few bucks on this new PC, and I was kinda expecting everything to just run smoothly.

I am also using the exact same drivers as before.

support.zip file has been attached.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rco133.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I would not say that the issue has been resolved, but this is what I have found out since I made the post.

It turned out that the errors only happened on the two CT-3650 tuners. I don't know why, and I have not figured out a solution. I guess for whatever reason, the USB chip in the CT-3650, just doesn't work 100% with the USB chips on my new X99 board. Doesn't matter if I use the Intel USB ports or the ASMedia ports. Errors will occur.

I have a laptop with 3 CT2-4400 USB Sticks connected. The solution was to move two of those to my new PC, and connect the two CT-3650 devices to the laptop.

The new PC seems to run without any problems with the three CT2-4400 tuners, and the laptop also seems to be happy with the two CT-3650 devices. At least I haven't seen any discontinuties on either of the two Pc's since the change was made.

Why still remains unanswered, and I guess it will never be answered. The CT-3650 devices are 6-7 years old, so maybe there just is some incombatibility with the USB chipsets on the new MB. Who knows.

rco133