EPG data for only one hour around current time

rolf@fuglseth.net

I receives EPG information, but I sees only information for one hour around the current time. I tried to install DVBViewer on a second pc, but got the same problem. I have tried with and without recording service installed.I have the same EPG data inside DVBViewer and in the web interface. Any suggestion?

• Like 1

I receives EPG information, but I sees only information for one hour around the current time. I tried to install DVBViewer on a second pc, but got the same problem. I have tried with and without recording service installed.I have the same EPG data inside DVBViewer and in the web interface. Any suggestion?

Which provider do you use?

The satellite is Thor and the provider is Telenor

Make a tune only timer that everyday tunes a channel on 11.341, i used VH1 classic. But as Tjod writes you could use Xepg. It gives much better EPG. Much more information and a longer period

I've not been able to solve this. I've been looking into the epg.dat file. It's not readable, but it's possible to see some information ex. program names.The file is about 8 mb, that's a lot of information. I'm sure the epg data I need is there, but the data is filtrer in some way when they comes up in the epg window. Any suggestion?

I've not been able to solve this. I've been looking into the epg.dat file. It's not readable, but it's possible to see some information ex. program names.The file is about 8 mb, that's a lot of information. I'm sure the epg data I need is there, but the data is filtrer in some way when they comes up in the epg window. Any suggestion?

Hav you tried to tune to the frequency i wrote?

There is no filter which limit how much EPG is displayed for a channel.

The only filter in the EPG window limit which channels are visible at all (e.g. favourites only).

If EPG is not displayed the EPG ist not available. Either the EPG is not transmitted or the DVBViewer hasn't tuned the transponder where the EPG is transmitted.

The RS automatic tunes all transponder for which a channel is present in the channel list. Only for specie EPG formats like Fresat or MediaHighway special configurations my be necessary (but the you need to know exactly which format is used and on which transponder).

For pinpointing the problem I would need a transponder dump. It can be created in the following way:

(1) Download TransEdit from the DVBViewer download area. Read the installation instructions in the ReadMe file.

(2) Launch TransEdit. On Settings -> Analyzer tick "Read EIT for other transponders / networks".

(3) Select the transponder list for the satellite position in question on the left side of the main window, select the transponder (frequency) in question on the right side.

(4) Click "Analyze". Wait some seconds.

(5) Right-click the PID list on the right side of the Analyzer Window and click "Select Main SI PIDs" in the context menu.

(6) Click "Start Recording". Record 30 seconds or so.

(7) TransEdit stores the recorded .ts file in the folder shown on the Main Window -> Settings -> Analyzer tab. Zip the file and attach it here, or if it is too large, find a hoster where you can upload it.

You may also try to find out yourself how and where the EPG data is available. Usually it is broadcasted in the EIT (Event Information Table), so if you expand the corresponding nodes in the tree view on the left side of the Analyzer Window you should see what is actually provided. Please refer to the TransEdit manual for more information about SI data and particularly the EIT.

I understand. What I try to explain is that I have epg data alle the time for all my channels. But in the epg Window I see only the program sent one hour behind and coming the next hour. Se file attachedpost-153952-0-04195100-1471021765_thumb.jpg

Looks like you are only getting the present/following EPG data. Follow the link to the TransEdit manual above and you will understand what I mean. The question is how and where the "schedule" data is provided.

BTW: There is a tweak that may help (mere guessing). Stop the Recording Service, launch RSTweaker.bat in the DVBViewer installation directory (launches Tweaker.exe for the Recording Service), find and untick the "Use faster EPG Updater method" checkbox, save, re-start the recording service, trigger an EPG update on the Tasks page of the Web Interface and see what happens. If it doesn't help tick this checkbox again because unticking it may slow down the EPG update considerably.

I use only the Norwegian channels on Canal Digital and that epg is okay.

Looks like you are only getting the present/following EPG data. Follow the link to the TransEdit manual above and you will understand what I mean. The question is how and where the "schedule" data is provided.

BTW: There is a tweak that may help (mere guessing). Stop the Recording Service, launch RSTweaker.bat in the DVBViewer installation directory (launches Tweaker.exe for the Recording Service), find and untick the "Use faster EPG Updater method" checkbox, save, re-start the recording service, trigger an EPG update on the Tasks page of the Web Interface and see what happens. If it doesn't help tick this checkbox again because unticking it may slow down the EPG update considerably.

I saw that possibility yesterday morning and tested it. That did not solve it.

Why dont you use xepg. As i understand you are a Canal Digital custumer. The EPG from them is terrible.

Yes, I'm using Canal Digital, but only the Norwegian channels and that epg is okay. I will look at the setup for xepg later today. It seem to take some work to set it up.

0.8W 12399 H 08-13 12-11-43.zip

For pinpointing the problem I would need a transponder dump. It can be created in the following way:

(1) Download TransEdit from the DVBViewer download area. Read the installation instructions in the ReadMe file.

(2) Launch TransEdit. On Settings -> Analyzer tick "Read EIT for other transponders / networks".

(3) Select the transponder list for the satellite position in question on the left side of the main window, select the transponder (frequency) in question on the right side.

(4) Click "Analyze". Wait some seconds.

(5) Right-click the PID list on the right side of the Analyzer Window and click "Select Main SI PIDs" in the context menu.

(6) Click "Start Recording". Record 30 seconds or so.

(7) TransEdit stores the recorded .ts file in the folder shown on the Main Window -> Settings -> Analyzer tab. Zip the file and attach it here, or if it is too large, find a hoster where you can upload it.

You may also try to find out yourself how and where the EPG data is available. Usually it is broadcasted in the EIT (Event Information Table), so if you expand the corresponding nodes in the tree view on the left side of the Analyzer Window you should see what is actually provided. Please refer to the TransEdit manual for more information about SI data and particularly the EIT.

I have tried the procedure above.

Yes, I'm using Canal Digital, but only the Norwegian channels and that epg is okay. I will look at the setup for xepg later today. It seem to take some work to set it up.

Hello, where can I find an xmltv file for canal Digitat?

• 5 weeks later...

To clarify differences in xmltv.se EPG vs. Canal Digital EPG:

Canal Digital description:

Krimiserie. Politistyrken er kommet ud til søen, hvor Dicte har fundet liget af Tina Mølgaard. Alt peger på, at gerningsmanden er Tina Mølgaards mand.

xmltv.se description:

Dicte (4) I Wagners fodspor - del 2

Medvirkende: Iben Hjejle (Dicte), Dar Salim (Bo), Tine Krull Petersen (Anne: Lærke Winther. Hovedforfattere: Dorte W. Høgh & Ida Maria Rydén. Episodeforfatter). Instruktør: Kasper Gaardsøe. Producere: Christian Potalivo, Jonas Allen, Peter Bose.
Genre: series/series
Politistyrken er kommet ud til søen, hvor Dicte har fundet liget af Tina Mølgaard. Alt peger på, at gerningsmanden er Tina Mølgaards mand, og Dicte står nu med en drabshistorie i hænderne og vil have sit gamle job på redaktionen tilbage. Bo opsøges af Johans kone, som kræver svar på, hvad der skete den nat, de flygtede, og Johan døde, og det gør Bo meget urolig. Dicte opsøger præsten i Tina Mølgaards landsby, og temaer som jalousi og pædofili gør sig pludseligt gældende i efterforskningen af sagen.
Dato: 2016
Episode 4

Maybe you cant read above, but it shows: Episode number, who plays, who is the writers, detailed description on what its about, and date of creation.

Its a huge difference i details!

You run the xepg app, then click on Help. Inside there you find a complete explanation

Can someone make screenshot of the config for Nordic epg (Swedish)

Ok i did it. it downloads and says succés but it doesent show epg on viasat se.

Canal digital is working but i think its from sattelite

Ok i did it. it downloads and says succés but it doesent show epg on viasat se.

Canal digital is working but i think its from sattelite

The EPG is not from Canal Digital or Viasat. It is from a free service that collect EPG. You need to pair it with the actual channel that you receive from your provider. Example SVT1 could be SVT 1 Sweden. Then you need to pair them in xepg. Again try to read the Help file in XEPG

oki i uninstall it but now it doesent show egp att all on some channels.

How to reset epg in DVBViewer?

Regards wikings1

I got it found the way to get the favorites. It works realy god.

Does it grabb the file autómatik

I got it found the way to get the favorites. It works realy god.

Does it grabb the file autómatik

I should, but right now it dosent work for me. I has been working before. So i run it manually once a week. No big problem.

To automate it you can use buttom number 5, "Automate" in the xepg app. Then you copy the command line. In Recording Service you create a task (run svcoptions.exe as administrator) where you insert the command line. Then you create a Task timer that run the task every day

Again press the Help button in Automate, where you get instructions on how to set it up.

• 1 month later...