4K HEVC playback problem both channels and files

vramor

Nowadays the possibility appears to receive 4K video channels both via DVB-S2 and DVB-T2. Of course video is encoded with HEVC (H.265). For example:

01_2016-08-11_073330_T680.1470947541.png 02_2016-08-03_125103.1470947595.png 03_2016-08-11_204646_DVBViewer_290e_770_

Unfortunately DVBViewer has a terrible statter when it's playing the HEVC payload. In the same time there is no problem with playing of H.264 files and channels.

It seems that the possible cause of it is that the DVBViewer does pass the HEVC decoding to GPU noticeable less than in the H.264 case.

07_2016-08-11_210012_DVBViewer_290e_770_ 05_2016-08-11_215307.1470950627.png

The most displeasing thing is that MPC-HC is playing the same HEVC files smoothly using the same LAV Video Decoder.

Is there any hope to fix it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the extensive post.

Edited by vramor
It seems that the possible cause of it is that the DVBViewer does pass the HEVC decoding to GPU noticeable less than in the H.264 case.

The DVBViewer is not involved in passing decoding to the GPU whatsoever. That's the job of the video decoder.

The DVBViewer is not involved in passing decoding to the GPU whatsoever. That's is the job of the video decoder.

But why does the same video decoder work properly with MPC-HC and statters with DVBViewer?

This is the result of monitoring the playing the HEVC file with MPC-HC and DVBViewer. Both are using the same LAV Video Decoder.

13_2016-08-11_172741_MPC-HC_Playback_4K- 11_2016-08-11_171526_DVBViewer_Playback_ 10b_2016-08-11_171510_DVBViewer_Playback

Edited by vramor
But why does the same video decoder work properly with MPC-HC and statters with DVBViewer?

Why do you think it is the video decoder? Several playback components are involved. Maybe it's a timing issue and the video renderer drops frames because they are late. You should see it on its property page (Settings -> Filters).

Are you using the 32bit version of MPC-HC?

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56578-64-bits-version/

Of course I'm using 64-bit version! But your question gave me an idea - DVBViewer is a 32-bit application and uses appropriate codecs. Maybe that's the matter. In any case the Behold TV from Beholder works smoothly using the same tuner Behold TV Cruise.

I've just read your link. What a pity! No hope with HEVC. :(

Edited by vramor

Why do you think it is the video decoder?

I do not think it is the video decoder. I am sure it is the DVBViewer. I am also sure that the reason is not in the 32-bit version of the program. The similiar 32-bit application - Behold TV works properly with HEVC, no stattering, no freezing etc. Of course with GeForce GTX 950 at least. Edited by vramor
Videorenderer=?

Already tried - vramor didn't pick it up. He doesn't want to write about his video renderer for some unknown reason.

Getting the required information from users is often much more difficult than solving the technical problem they are encountering. They just ignore what you are writing. ;)

Are you using the latest DVBViewer version? I have the same stutter problems with 5.6.x versions, my GTX 960 and the latest LAV filters but it works as it should (with Fashion 4K on Astra, for example) with DVBViewer 5.5.2.

Already tried - vramor didn't pick it up. He doesn't want to write about his video renderer for some unknown reason.

Getting the required information from users is often much more difficult than solving the technical problem they are encountering. They just ignore what you are writing. ;)

I am very sorry, I was busy and couldn't answer quickly. Here is the required information now.

First of all, all the problems with Ulra HD and HEVC were solved successfully. As I can see now these problems were caused with some sort of conflict between DVBViewer and Behold TV which devided the same LAV Video Decoder and Behold TV got the priority.

Now the details.

2016-08-12_131424_DVBViewer_HD_CUVID.147 2016-08-12_131338_DVBViewer_HD_CUVID.147 2016-08-12_131254_DVBViewer_HD_CUVID.147

The choosen options provide the very smoothly playback of both HD and Ultra HD channels.

Thank you! DVBViewer is the best! :)

P.S. I use the 5.6.4 version.

Edited by vramor