Over the air TV hangs up viewer but records okay

otis.lewd

I now watch TV over-the-air using a Mohu Sky 60 antenna (instead of via cable). Stations are not that close to me and the terrain is not that friendly. Yet I mostly see a 100% signal on the status bar. But many times the viewing just freezes and sometimes the sound stops and it is quite annoying having to deal with this issue. I find that after recording, using time-shifting, that the playback in PotPlayer is much better than when I originally watched. Sure the video is a little broken up at times and pixellated at times, but it's far better than what DVBViewer is showing me (even if I use time-shifting to go back and watch the same portion over again). Is there some sort of option/setting or filter or plugin that will make what I am seeing in DVBViewer better than now (without all the video freezes and skips and the audio cutting out)?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am using the built-in Intel graphics system and have disabled the NVidia card that came with the computer. I think the biggest problem is that TV transmission OTA sucks, ever since we went to digital and since cable TV no longer gives us free channels, TV reception stinks.