AACS Updater - blu ray open source files

dvbrewer

I have discovered a tool that may be useful for DVBViewer to keep libaacs.dll and keys file updated for playing blu rays. When installing you select the DVBViewer program folder to install libaacs libbdplus libgcrypt-20 libgpg-error6-0 dlls and also Keydb.cfg in \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\aacs

http://www.labdv.com/aacs/updater.php

Do you think this will work, is the Keydb file in the correct place for DVBViewer to find it :wave: ?

OK, I tried four different blu rays, but none work, either with error message or it plays but only distorted sound and no video. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I selected "Blu Ray with LAV filters" in Options>DirectX>Presets. Please pm if you cannot discuss here :whistle: ...

Edited by dvbrewer

OK, I made a new folder C:\ProgramData\aacs which I placed the Keydb.cfg in, I then select CD/DVD Playback, there is a lot of disc churning for 3+ minutes but then nothing. I try and play the m2ts file in the stream folder directly, and I get error

"Cannot render Mediafile/Output pin, error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error"

OK, I made an obvious mistake... I downloaded 64 bit version of AACS Updater :blush:. So with 32 bit version eventually it works, after sometimes quite a delay (sometimes 30 seconds+) to open the main movie, with four out of five discs I tested. But I cannot open any other .m2ts video file, such as special features, in the BDMV/Stream folder, as they cause DVBViewer to freeze, then give the same error above.

Edited by dvbrewer

AFAIK Christian has implemented something concerning libaacs.dll, but it only applies to playback with the DVBViewer Filter. If it is delegated to the LAV Source Filter, it handles the whole BD related stuff, and no DVBViewer code is involved.

That's all I know about it. I've never tried it myself (most likely because I have no BD drive...)

AFAIK Christian has implemented something concerning libaacs.dll, but it only applies to playback with the DVBViewer Filter. If it is delegated to the LAV Source Filter, it handles the whole BD related stuff, and no DVBViewer code is involved.

That's all I know about it. I've never tried it myself (most likely because I have no BD drive...)

Yes I discussed it with Christian maybe a year or more ago, I don't know if he is going to implement libbluray support or not. I just tried VLC, and if you enable menus (which means it uses libbluray) some menus do work. I think some java code is also required.

here is discussion on adding the capability to KODI

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213352&page=13

Edited by dvbrewer