View IPTV Signal from modulator

thickglass

Hi guys, recently I got HDMI modulator, it outputs DVB-C signal and IP stream, so I use DVBViewer as a testing tool, I view QAM signal. Is there a way to view mpts stream(stream is MPTS RTP multicast) as well ? I would appreciate a link to tutorial how to set it up, thank you!

Is there a way to view mpts stream(stream is MPTS RTP multicast) as well ?

Basically yes.

First you need a transponder list that contains the IP addresses / ports that you want to receive. It can be created with the TransEdit transponder list editor and scanner tool that is available in the DVBViewer download area. For professional purpose I'd recommend TransEdit 4.1 beta from the beta section because it additionally supports configuring source IPs.

Perform the following steps:

(1) Download TransEdit and store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is). Read the ReadMe and have a look at the Wiki and the manual for the basic TransEdit 3.9.x version.

(2) Launch TransEdit. If you are using TransEdit 4.1, go to Settings -> Hardware and add a virtual DVB IPTV Network Device. Click Save. TransEdit 3.9 provides a pre-configured IPTV device (see Settings -> General) that does not appear in the device list.

(3) If you already have a M3U playlist that contains the URLs in question (like rtp://239.35.10.4:10000) you can simply drag & drop the file into the TransEdit main window and proceed with step (6), otherwise with step (4),

(4) Select New List -> DVB IPTV in the TransEdit main window to create an empty DVB IPTV transponder list.

(5) Enter the IP adresses / ports one by one on the right side of the TransEdit main window. Add them to the transponder list by clicking Add for each address / port.

(6) Check if TransEdit is able to receive the streams by selecting them on the right side of the TransEdit main window and clicking Scan Selected. If you get results DVBViewer will also be able to receive the streams. The TransEdit scanner window allows to export the scan results to the DVBViewer channel list.

(7) DVBViewer also needs a a virtual DVB IPTV Network Device for playing / recording the DVB IPTV channels. It can be added and configured on Options -> Hardware.

That's all for today :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Thickglass,

Griga is right! You can do all you need with TransEdit.

This tool is the best of the DVBViewer package. I purchase it only for this tool. I really appreciate the effort of the developers.

Perhaps soon a new version with some new functions will be released.

Regards!