Win 10 Anniversary - no signal level

hostalp

I use DVBViewer 5.6.4 at Windows 10 64-bit with the AVerTV Volar HD Nano A867R DVB-T tuner and with the latest driver 8.0.64.65 available from http://www.avermedia.com/education/download/avertv_volar_hd_nano#ans_part .

I've got the feeling that since updating Win 10 to the so called Anniversary Update (Version 1607) the signal level indicator in DVBViewer stopped working (now showing 20% level all the time). It definitely stopped working few months ago and I'm not sure when exactly that happened, but I think it could be related to some changes in that Windows 10 Anniversary Update because I know that there were changes done at some parts of the driver infrastructure etc. Therefore I think the current driver (8.0.64.65) would need to be updated to reflect that.

Do you have anything how I could verify that it's a driver and not DVBViewer related issue? I must say that I'd rather avoid installing the AverTV application, but that's probably what I'll have to do anyway, right?

Edited by hostalp
Do you have anything how I could verify that it's a driver and not DVBViewer related issue?

It's most likely a driver related issue, because what DVBViewer does is straight forward: Query the driver for the value -> display it.There is not much that can be spoiled by the Anniversary Update.

You are not the only one who encounters problems after the Anniversary Update. There are much severer issues concerning DVB devices. People who have an old device whose driver is not updated anymore are lost... the have to buy a new DVB card.

Yes I think so (that it's driver related because of changes in the Anniversary Update).

I'll try the Aver TV in the evening (not sure if that shows the signal level but it probably does) just to confirm that, then will try to contact the AverMedia company.

And given what You wrote about those more serious issues with other such devices I can still consider myself lucky that it (mostly) works at least.

The signal strength information of the driver on the PC has only a very limited use.

So if everything else works as it should, I would not spend any time on a worthless % value.